1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Razer means business with new Blade Stealth laptop

By Jos
Jun 14, 2017
Post New Reply
  1. Razer is one of the more interesting laptop manufacturers in the market despite only being in the game for a few short years. Their laptops strike a blend of portability and power, with a level of craftsmanship and attention to detail that isn’t always found among its peers. But they all share a gamer-like design with neon green accents, rainbow LED lights, and giant glowing snake logo that not everyone might appreciate.

That’s especially true for its non-gaming oriented Blade Stealth ultrabook. Well, today the company is addressing this with a refreshed version that gives the range a new, more professional look.

The new Blade Stealth features slightly thinner screen bezels, which has allowed Razer to upgrade from a 12.5-inch (2560 x 1400) panel to a 13.3-inch QHD (3200 x 1800) touch display without increasing the laptop’s overall size. That said, it’s a tad heavier at 2.93 pounds (1.33kg). The new display also boasts 100% sRGB color coverage and up to 400 nits of brightness.

On the outside the new Blade Stealth features a gunmetal gray chassis and ditches the glowing Razer logo for a more subtle two-tone one, as well as the rainbow backlight keys for white ones.

The new 13.3-inch Blade Stealth starts at $1,399 with a 2.7GHz Core i7 CPU, integrated Intel HD Graphics 620, 16GB of RAM and a 256GB SSD, while a version with 1TB of storage tops out at $1,999.

The 12.5-inch model is still sticking around in its regular black chassis complete with Chroma lighting. It starts at $899 with non-touch QHD display, Intel Core i5 CPU and 128GB SSD, while a new 4K version can be had with a Core i7 CPU and either a 512GB SDD or 1TB SSD for $1,399 or $1,799, respectively.

Permalink to story.

2. amstech

amstech IT Overlord Posts: 2,229   +1,424

Greatest logo in all of gaming IMO.

When I had my 09 Nytro XTX I had just bought my first DeathAdder (first gen or thereabouts) and they give you a badass sticker of their logo with it. I put it on the front of my machine and I would get compliments and people asking if my sled was some special edition.
    Wish I had another for my current 2012 F800 LXR.

3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 8,647   +3,286

No. Definitely not. This is the greatest logo that will never, ever be surpassed.... $$$

amstech likes this.

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...