Really Need Help! No Sound!! Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyber2410

Hey!
I will first start by introducing myself. My name is Peter Hakob and I'm a pretty big fan of computers. Well I should get to the real thing why i have written this thread.

Before i explain my problem I will post my pc's aspects :

Monitor : 17" AOC
Operating system : windows Xp Professional
System case : X-Technologies
Processor speed : 1.46 GHz

Motherboard : Phoenix Technologies, LTD
BIOS date : 03/09/04

Audio Device : Realtek AC'97 Audio for VIA (R) Audio controller
Driver version : 5.10.0.5620
Driver date : 6/21/2004

Now everything in my computer seems o.k, i have tried different system restores. i have been to different forums but i can just not find the answer.
I have two IDEAL speakers connected to the PC, i know they work because i have tested them on my laptop.
My computer runs just fine but there is just no sound. What should I do? i have opened my system case to see if everything was alright and my sound card seemed pretty o.k.
I really don't know what to anymore and i do actually need the sound. I will appreciate it a lot if you guys come with a solution for me!!! :confused:

Thanks and I will be waiting!!

Hello,

These might help:

- Check to make sure your speakers are plugged into the right port (usually a green one)

- Check the software volume control: start->all programs->accessories->entertainment->volume control

- Make sure your drivers are installed and working properly: right click "my computer" and click "manage." In the window that comes up click "device manager" from the list on the left. If you see a yellow or red icon by your sound driver, or do not see your sound driver listed, then there is a problem.

Give these a try and then go from there.

Hope this helps

hey..
thnx for your answer.
I did everything you said, everything seems really fine.
I appreciate it that you answered but there is one thing ;
my sound card, when i opened the system case i don't actually see one.. i searched on google to see how it is actually placed and i can't seem to find a sound card in my system case. But the odd thing is that my windows acts like there IS a sound card. Maybe I have one I don't really know, i do have the three ports to connect things to ( the green, pink and blue ones), but when i open my system case i only see a grey square and nothing else. (at the place where the ports are)

Pleassee i would really appreciate help!

Sorry I just found out that my sound card is inbuilt :haha:
But i do still have the problem.. Please help!

then u will need to reinstall the drivers for the sound off the cd that came with the MB.

then go to the site the comp. came from and they will have a down load link for their drivers.

sorry if im annoying but can someone give me a link to the comp. website or something like that?? Where can i get my drivers ( look at first post ).

Download and run Everest Home (it is free):

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181

Once you download it, click on it and let it install and then run it from the icon on your desktop and then click on 'Computer' then on 'Summary', then go to the VERY top of the screen and click on 'report', then 'quick report-summary' and then 'plain text' and save it then go to C:/programs/lavalys and open that folder then open Everest Home sub-folder and then reports sub-folder and click on the report which will open it in a text editor and then use your mouse to highlight ALL the debug stuff at the bottom of the report and delete it and then save that file again and then copy and paste it to here.

I hope this will help ;

--------[ EVEREST Home Edition (c) 2003-2005 Lavalys, Inc. ]------------------------------------------------------------

Versie EVEREST v2.20.405/nl
Startpagina http://www.lavalys.com/
Rapporttype Snelrapport
Computer NAME
Maker Jose
Besturingssysteem Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600 (WinXP Retail)
Datum 2007-05-17
Tijd 12:44

--------[ Overzicht ]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer:
Besturingssysteem Microsoft Windows XP Professional
OS Service Pack Service Pack 2
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
Computernaam NAME
Naam gebruiker Jose

Moederbord:
CPU Type AMD Athlon XP, 1459 MHz (11 x 133)
Moederbordnaam Syntax SV266M(A) (3 PCI, 1 AGP, 1 CNR, 2 DIMM, Audio, Video)
Moederbord Chipset VIA VT8375 ProSavageDDR KM266
Systeemgeheugen 224 MB (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
BIOS Type Award (03/09/04)
Communicatiepoort Communications Port (COM1)
Communicatiepoort ECP Printer Port (LPT1)

Scherm:
Video kaart S3 Graphics ProSavageDDR (Microsoft Corporation) (32 MB)
Video kaart SiS 315 (32 MB)
3D-Versneller S3 ProSavageDDR
3D-Versneller SiS 315 Pro
Monitor Legend LXH-GJ769FT [17" CRT] (938147856)

Multimedia:
Geluidskaart VIA AC'97 Enhanced Audio Controller

Opslag:
IDE apparaat VIA Bus Master IDE Controller
Diskettestation Floppy disk drive
Harde schijf WDC WD400BB-75JHA0 (37 GB, IDE)
Optische Station HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8523B (52x/24x/52x CD-RW)
Optische Station JLMS XJ-HD166S (16x/48x DVD-ROM)
SMART Status harde schijf OK

Partities:
C: (NTFS) 38138 MB (26203 MB vrij)

Invoerapparaten:
Toetsenbord HID Keyboard Device
Muis HID-compliant mouse

Netwerk:
Netwerkkaart VIA PCI 10/100Mb Fast Ethernet Adapter (63.245.42.244)

Peripherieapparaten:
Printer HP Deskjet 3900 Series
Printer Lexmark 510 Series
Printer Microsoft Office Document Image Writer
USB1 apparaat VIA VT83C572 PCI-USB Controller
USB2 apparaat VIA USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller
USB-apparaat USB Human Interface Device
USB-apparaat USB Human Interface Device

if its not clear, i put it as an attachment in this file too!!!

http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageID=2&Type=1

I believe your drivers are the Windows XP ones at that site - follow my (edit) instructions;

To install drivers from the internet:

go into Windows Explorer, left click on Desktop, then File, then New and then Folder - name the folder XXXDrivers (where XXX = type, eg, AudioDrivers)

go to the site for your driver, find the RIGHT one for your mobo and OS,(click on the nearest site to you if appropriate) and then download button - when asked where to 'save' the download specify your desktop folder XXXDrivers and wait until the download is complete.

Once it is done, clear your screen and click on the desktop folder and then on the file inside - if it is a zip or rar file it will need to be unzipped or unpacked - make sure if you are asked to specify where to unzip/unpack to tell it to do so to the XXXDrivers folder.

Once you are done that, uninstall the old drivers for the device and then select the device and specify update drivers and direct the search to the folder you made (don't let Windows do it).

gl

edit: your mobo has the VIA 8233 southbridge - doesn't matter plain, A or C they all use the same driver http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/chipsets/legacy/km266/ :)

thanks!

Hey
Many many many thanks! I was very glad when I heard sound of my speakers. Its amazing that it even did work!. I searched on every forum but i guess i was too lazy to register and make a new thread but as I'm seeing it was the best thing i could do.

Thanks for all the replies and especially the last one.

You're Awesome! :grin thumb :) :approve:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back