Recommended single player first person shooters?

bangs777

Could anyone suggest a good single player first person shooter: old/new. I have played all the call of duty series,crysis series,battlefield series and medal of honour series;looking into tom clancy series,looks a bit boring-any thoughts on that. Tried played dues-ex and duke nukem forever,they don't excite me that much.And please no horror games.

If you don't consider Half Life and Half Life 2 Horror, they would be perfect to try. I don't, but I guess some might say they have a horror aspect?

was not so familiar with the gameplay of dues ex: human revolution,got to like it later.pretty interesting game.looking forward to syndicate and bulletstorm.

Yeah Halo all three!!!( especially 1&2 ) and igi 1 and 2.
u know they say 'old is gold'.
Yeah, yeah, especially IGI in which you send a bullet through the head of one of two people talking, and the live one is like, "Ya hear that, Bob?" :p
The AI in most old games is crappy and pre-scripted. Newer games give a better challenge.

This isn't too similar to the other games you listed, but I loved the S.T.A.L.K.E.R series. Instead of a straight-up shooter it has some RPG elements, but only in the sense that you buy/find new weapons and equipment. I like it especially because it just as easy to be killed as it is to kill someone, it's not nearly as run and gun as CoD where your health is constantly regenerating if you hide for long enough.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned borderlands yet. It's got a decent story and is very much an rpg as well. The graphics are unique and I think very nice looking. All in all it's a very addicting game an you can find it for cheap nowadays. (saw I on steam a couple months back $7.50 for the game and all dlc) You should def give it a whirl. There is also a second one coming out later this year I believe.

Back