recovering windows xp installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

davids

Hi,

Is there anyway to recover an previous XP installation after I have started XP recovery? Because I have started XP recovery, but realsie I did not take a copy of the product key! Now windows is stuck halfway through recovery and I cant go back or forward.

As all the files from the previous xp (which was partially working) are still there, is it possible to revert back to that working state?

if by "partially working" you mean that you can boot into wondows then you can try a utility like "magical jelly Bean keyfinder" or RockXP to recover the key from within windows. if you cant acces windows thenyou should be able to recover the key with Magical jellyBean keyfinder PE run from a BartPE disk,

http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/

Windows was partially working, but where are had started the xp recovery, it would no longer boot at all (as it kept going to xp setup) but couldnt finish because it didnt have the cd key. In the end my dad managed to get it working somehow.

Although my main problem still isnt solved - secure pages such as ebay (myebay section) will not load. I have tryed EVERYTHING from using opera to reregistering security dlls.

Now I plan to totally reinstall XP but its a pain because its a packard bell and we havnt got the driver cd.

PS the link to that basic GUI program is great THANKS.

And I love the work done here on TECHSPOT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back