Recycle bin corrupt, missing jscript, error 0xc0000006

trutalley

Hello,
I've been thru the virus and malware forum and the team did a great job. Thanks Broni. However I'm still having some problems that were part of the original issues. I use a portable broadband connecter. The manager says "Application failed to initialize. Error 0xc0000006." The recycle bin gives me 2 windows with "Recycle bin is corrupt" This now occurs when deleting some leftover programs from the desktop or when first clicking on the recycle bin desktop icon. Sometimes I click on the icon and I get a window that is blank except for the Recycle Bin header.

After the virus removal I removed Mozilla Firefox and reinstalled. It says "Application failed to initialize". Internet Explorer is missing and can't be reinstalled. At the startup of windows I get a series of windows. "APSDaemon.exe failed to initialize", "RIMBB Launch agent.exe failed to initialize (0xc0000006).

I do not have original xp pro but have a reinstallation disk for xp pro sp2. Hope this computer is not beyond hope! Thanks for looking at this, Trudy

This error is caused because the .NET Framework isn’t on your computer (or it was uninstalled.)

The .NET Framework is a library of files designed by Microsoft to make designing applications easier for programmers. So if you get the “The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000006).” error is was because your computer was trying to load the .NET Framework libraries for that application but it couldn’t because they don’t exist!

To fix this error you simply download the latest version of the .NET Framework.

I would recommend that you download the .Net package, I'm providing a direct download link for you.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/0/e/20e90413-712f-438c-988e-fdaa79a8ac3d/dotnetfx35.exe

In just about 9 times out of 10 most computers I deal with that display this very error and code normally all it is, is nothing more than a .Net error and normally all that is required is a simple download of this package, install it and see how things are there after.

hope this helps... :)

>net framework update

Zen,
Thanks for your response. I downloaded the fix from your link, shut down the computer and restarted. I deleted thru add remove my "Tmobile connection manager" but it would not do a fresh install saying the program had been interupted.
Firefox would not reinstall either. Now the odd thing is everything else seems to be
working ok. Still getting those application window errors. Anyway, just letting you know. I won't be back to an internet site until Monday or Tuesday of next week.
Any other suggestions? Thanks, Trudy

The recycle bin gives me 2 windows with "Recycle bin is corrupt" This now occurs when deleting some leftover programs from the desktop or when first clicking on the recycle bin desktop icon. Sometimes I click on the icon and I get a window that is blank except for the Recycle Bin header.
Try downloading Piriform Ccleaner here and installing, in an effort to clean out any no longer used programs/references/files/registry entries (don't forget to back-up the changes)

I do not have original xp pro but have a reinstallation disk for xp pro sp2. Hope this computer is not beyond hope! Thanks for looking at this, Trudy

If your computer is 32 Bit Windows XP O/S you should be thinking about updating to XP SP3 here
Hope this helps

Back