Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 Beta 1 Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantasm66

Avid followers of Red Hat Enterprise Linux will be pleased to learn that Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 Beta 1 is now available. The beta is a preview of the next generation of Red Hat's comprehensive suite of enterprise operating systems - designed for mission-critical enterprise computing and certified by top enterprise software vendors. Go here for a download of the relevant ISO files.

I can really recommend this distribution.

We have been running it now on Techspot since the last time we had a big downtime (when we got hacked)

And all I can say is that the system is very easy to maintain and update, it does leave somthing to be desired if you like to choose yourself what packages shall be on your system due to the up2date system. I tried to put mysql 4 on our server but up2date uninstalled it and installed the 3.4 version I think it was instead... Simply because that is the version Red Hat has tested and knows will work with Red Hat Enterprise 3...

But unless you like to really run the latest version of everything I can really recommend RHE3. Otherwise Debian is a really good system, if you do like to have some more control yourself...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back