Red shield with white x

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello everyone,

my computer has this red shield with a white x in it that says your computer is infected. im new to computers and would like to know how to get rid of this. any help would be great.

Have you done any virus scans and spysweeper scans?

If you dont have any spyware scanners download spybot search and destroy on the downloads on this forum.

Where do you get the red shield with a white x.

Baltan

I would install and run both SpyBot14 and Adaware SE 6.0 with updates... and perhaps add the free AVG anti-spyware from Grisoft.
There are free online scans available from Panda, CA, Trendline, McAfee, and Symantec... They won't all remove the problem, but will let you know what infestation you have.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of oarsa only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

thanks for the replys, but everytime i try to run the adware program my computer shuts off. also i can not get onto to the hijack this website to download it. ive run some spyware programs but nothing has changed. im not sure what to do

Try downloading HJT from HERE instead.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of oarsa only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

red shield with white x SOLUTION

O.K. folks here it is after extensive reseach on this annoying little pest "big pest" I have found the only free program that gets rid of this little bugger.....
SMITFRAUDFIX here is the link and instructions ::::

7 steps from download to reboot and not complicated "i hope"

instructions on how to use and donations instructions on site
here is some quick "for dummies" instructions..

http://siri.geekstogo.com/SmitfraudFix.php <-------- for mirrors

step #1 right click desktop creat new folder, rename what ever you like . download from link above .. mirror sites provided there
step #2 extract, or install smit program to this new folder on desktop
step#3 open folder and click smitfraudfix icon
step #4 only click the icon that is a square box with a gear inside it ... smitfraud fix , windows nt command script, 1320kb
step #5 D.O.S. type box will appear...next press any key to continue,press any key
step#6 press 1 and enter after complete press 2 enter after complete press 3 enter press 5 enter :grinthumb

last step .. close program reboot computer and annoying little shield should be gone .. no thanks needed for me, but,.. if you feel it was very helpful to you as it was me you could donate some ducketts to the boys at smitfraudfix

WOW! It really works!

I had the same problem, and followed your instructions... and wuddya know, it worked. I just googled red shield with white x...found this forum.....tech guy had nothing on it.....now im forever resorting to you guys...thanxx so much...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back