Refresh rates?

Status
Not open for further replies.
70+ imo
id say obviously its up to user preference some people can notice lower refresh rates so really you wanna be aiming for the higher the better! :D

I always aim for 75 minimum.

in games I notice the refresh rates alot less and for me.. i'm not too fussed about it at the mo ive settled for 60hz on test drive unlimited on my laptop and 75hz on my desktop

in conclusion ..... well its up to you and what you can live with comfortably
if it isnt causing you any issues then theres no need to worry about it :D

hope this helps you

The number 1440X900 is your screen resolution not your refresh rate. The refresh rate for a LCD monitor is usually 60Hz and can't be changed or has a very limited selection. I'd leave the screen resolution as it is for games and everyday use.

Go for the highest possible, i cant stand 60Hz personally. luckily my LCD goes to 75Hz, its quite a noticeable difference. (to me anyway)

LCD doesn't need to be changed, unless you see lines or grind our teeth. But CRT would need to go higher in Hz.

when i switched from my old crt (72 hz) to my lcd (60) i did notice the change at first, but after a few days i really don't notice anymore. thus i suspect as long as it doesnt bother your eyes after a few days acclimitization its no big deal either way.
junkie, what lcd do you have that can manage 75 hz? also whats its max resolution?
also, dunno if this is just my own system's quirk, but i notice the hz difference alot less when i've got the lcd plugged in via dvi at both ends. the adapter seemed to mess with things *shrugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back