Replaced NVIDIA GeForce 7600GT 512M with same

ucould2

I recently replaced my AGP NVIDIA GeForce 7600GT 512M with a newer AGP NVIDIA GeForce 7600GT 512M. I believe that the GPU processors are the same but noticed when changing over the heat sinks that the memory chips are of the Samsung variety (the old one had Nanya). The older card had a pre-windows boot BIOS, where as the new one needed me to install new drivers from the Nvidia site (using automatic driver scan) does not BIOS boot.
My issue is that the Windows reported a BSOD on first reboot after the new driver installation (stable since and have since increased the voltage by 0.1V to the card spec, without BSOD) and there is no solution in the Action center, and Windows is still looking a month out!?
Upon opening the Nvidia control panel suite to check why the newer card did not have any on board memory to aid Adobe rendering (as the last card did use the 512M vram), I found that the suite reports the card as a GeForce 7600 GS...could this lead to a driver "signing" conflict and therefore the BSOD?
Computer Management reports the card as the GeForce 7600GT as does the device properties driver tab...
Would it be possible to flash the BIOS on the newer card so that the 512M of vram is "scalable" for Adobe rendering use?
Thank you for reading.

If you're having a lot of trouble with it I would see about returning it if possible, I see this post is already a few weeks old but hopefully that is still possible..

You shouldn't run into that many issues, although if the card is manufactured by a different company then there "could" be problems.. In which case the safest bet is to go into Safe Mode, remove all drivers and reinstall fresh working drivers. Just to make sure nothing is being mixed up between the way the cards operate,

Back