Resetting Bios Passwords?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben_tomlinson88

Ok, I wasnt really sure where to put this topic, i was hoping somebody could help me out.

At my college they recently changed all the computers and replaced them with new ones, i took one of the old ones off their hands for them cos i wanted to have a messabout with it. The PC is configured to run on the college network so i need to format it, because its configured for this purpose its pretty hard to do anything with it. The Bios has a password (which nobody seems to know) and i can't log on cos i dont know the admin password for the PC itself. So i want to re-format it, and id like to know how to get around the bios password if thats possible.

Also can i just insert a format disk and format it like any other pc?

Sorry im not that good at computers
Any comments are welcome

Cheers
Ben

Turn off the computer, and disconnect it from the mains.

Now open up the computer, and remove the cmos battery for a few minutes.

The battery is about the size of a nickle.

Be sure to only hold the battery by it`s edges, and not top and bottom, as this can discharge the battery.

Replace the battery, the cmos should now be reset to the default settings, and the bios password should now have been removed.

You will need to go into the bios in order to reset the confguration.

If you download the free Everest programme. It will give you lots of info about the system. You can get the programme from HERE

This will allow you to identifiy most of the system components, so that you can for example search online for a mobo manual etc.

Once you can get into the computer you will be able to format the hdd just like any other.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back