[Resolved] Checking for remnant malware in logs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bimbledwadle

it says my hjt log is too long. how do i shorten it please

i hope this gets through. haven;t uploaded an attachment before

Your log is outdated. Please obtain the new version from my signature.

You have not specified a single detail about your problem, if any, and what you need us to do. Please be clear in your requests and posts.

Please Could You Check My Log For Anything Amiss

Sorry Momok, I had a panic spasm attack of typewriters brain block. I got a virus, scanned with panda,spybot,superantispyware,adaware,cwshredder and vundo. It found problems and cleaned them. I'd just like someone to check that I really am cleared.

(Moderator Edit: removed unnecessary bold)

Hi,

No worries. Your log looks clean to me. I wouldn't guarantee your system is clean though; there is a possibility that some nasties remain. If you wish to be sure, you can post a ComboFix log and an AVG antispyware log. (Both tools are downloadable from my signature)

Regards,
momok

Hi,

Your logs look clean now.

1. Please download and run CCleaner via step 9 of the instructions HERE.

2. Delete all files in AVG Antispyware Quarantine folder. (located in C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\Quarantine)

3. Turn off system restore (XP/ME only). Learn how to do that HERE.
    This will remove all the remaining nasties from your old restore points.

4. After that turn system restore back on.
    This would have created a new safe and clean restore point for your system.

5. Often times, an infection can occur again not due to the incompetence of programs, but because of user habits.
    May I recommend you to read this article.
    This can help to prevent future infections.

Should you have any further problems, please post in this thread.

Regards,
momok =)

This thread is for the use of bimbledwadle only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thanx, Momok

thanx very much,it's all running super duper. Have done all you suggested. Enjoy the rest of your day. :wave:

Thread closed as the problem appears resolved. Should the original starter require it to be reopened, please PM a mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back