Resource Conflict on boot up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinister

I guess im posting this in the right area sense this does effect my sound.

"Resource Conflict - PCI in slot 02, Bus:01, Device:09, Function:02"

I've had this problem for over a year now, and this error would most likely pop up when i moved my pc into another room or unplugged my speakers from the soundcard. When this happens my speakers nor my modem works, The speaker on the start bar is gone and all my sound software like riptide and whatever is gone. I was told when i had win98 that upgrading to winxp would fix this..It did, for awhile. Now this problem is back and i cannot get this to work.Its been like this for a week now and before i go buying a new soundcard i wanted to check with you all first.

Ok, My soundcard and modem are both on 1 chip. It's a cheap Conexant Soft56K modem (that came with the computer). I don't really need a modem since i have cable but i would really like my sound back.

When i had win98, i would plug the speakers in and run scandisk and that would help sometimes, so im guessing my modem isn't dead? I also heard that Conextant doesn't make drivers for their stuff' so what should i do? I don't even see my modem in the device manager.

No one can tell me anything?:confused: :dead:

Im buying a new soundcard today so i guess it doesn't matter as long as it works.

Welcome to TechSpot

It looks a bit sad when there are no answers (yet), but weekend etc....
You are right, you will need a halfway decent soundcard, rather than some 1-chipper as part of a modem.
Look for a Hercules soundcard, rather than Creative/Soundblaster.

Sorry for not rpl sooner. Just a thought: Deinstall and remove all drivers, Plug card in different slot, Set Plug & play OS to NO or 0, Force update.

If this doesn't work there is a solid probability of your card being faulty.

A faulty card may very well work on one machine but not on another due to different tolerances. I have an old GF3TI200 which will not work at all on Intel or VIA chips, but it will work on Sis under win98. Crashes like H on XP. Just goes to show that a faulty card will work under special circumstances.

I got it working..The other day i took off the case and looked at the soundcard, there was dust all around the pci slot where it was plugged in..I blew it off, pulled the card out and reinserted it..

I guess a dust build up was making a faulty connection.

:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back