Router to Router to internet problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two routers a D-link 604 (DR) and a CompUSA (CR) wireless. I use the D-link to connect to the DSL and three computers. I have adde the second router for wireless use in the upstairs of the house. I can print and share files between all computers on the D-link and the CompUSA. When I try to ping a site on a computer from the CR I receive the IP of the site (i.e yahoo.com)
Pinging yahoo.com [216.109.112.135] with 32 bytes of data:

reply from XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX: Destination net unreachable

(the X's are my routers IP address)

I have entered a route command pointing back to the DR and still have the same problem. I have disabled DHCP in the CR so that all computers pick-up an IP from the DR (which they do).
I get the same results from wireless or wired on the CR.

Thanks in advance!
Buickdude

you have to go into router settings and change both of them to router,

i have a linksys, and to change mine, i go to setup, advanced routing, and under operating mode i have gateway, and router.

repost and let me know how it goes, as i have never actually done this before, but am 99.9 percent sure it will work for ya, if it doesnt, ill research further, or someone else will let us know.

How exactly have you connected the two routers? You shouldn't use the WAN port on the CR.

What was the route command? And you shouldn't need one - the default gateway in the computer's TCP/IP settings is for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back