Router to XBOX 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

taylub

My xbox won't connect to my router even though it says that it detects the wireless signal.

Any help would be great :)

troubleshooting Xbox 360 and a router is the 360 detects the connection that would mean there is something wrong with the router and it will be considered as a router issue.Just asking dude, are you using the ethernet?
if it going thur wirekess you still have to type in your WEP key or a security key so that you can access it wirelessly and securely

here are some steps you might want to try
Xbox 360 Software Instructions:

7. Turn on your Xbox 360 console.

8. In the System Area, select Network Settings.

9. Select Test Xbox Live Connection. If you are prompted to sign out, select Yes.

* If you have not set your locale on the console, you will be asked to set it. Your locale is the country or region you are connecting to Xbox Live from.

Hardware Instructions (Wireless)

1. Write down your wireless network name (SSID -example 2WIRExxx) and the security key (WEP key)

* If you are using an Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter (sold separately from your system), connect the USB connector to the USB port on the back of the console. Do not use the front USB ports.

5. Turn on your console and wireless device.

* If you have a wireless-to-Ethernet bridge, turn the device on.

* If you have an Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter, the device will turn on with the console.

thank you for your reply but let me rephrase my question, i have connected my xbox to my old linksys router but i recently got a new linksys router and it will not connect to this one even after doing all the steps you gave me.
I do use the wireless adapter connected to the back of the xbox.

hum; as wireless restricts the bandwidth available, most people use a wired XBOX connection.

hmm..why spend $100 on a wireless receiver when you could of just bought a $5 Ethernet cable?

I successfully connected two linksys routers and a belkin

modem>ethernetcable>linksys>ethernetcable>linksys>ethernetcable>belkin(wifi)>ethernetcable>x360

this worked fine for me lol..

as for wireless I've still yet to get it to work.. or not, because I quit trying (btw my network was unencrypted at the time and only the belkin was connected)

and why did i connect them like that.. because I'm wack

I'd say wired is your best bet anyhow.. I've noticed things like thunderstorms and microwaves sometimes mess with my wifi

I use wireless and it works fine, although, we had to buy a new router, as our old Belkin 125 mbps router was complete crap and the xbox 360 could not pick it up. I now use dynamode, works a treat. Just make sure you follow the steps show on www.xbox.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back