Routers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ollie30001

Hey, quick question about routers, i want a NON-wireless router to connect 2 computers to the internet and i was just wonderin if you can plug a phone into them as well to get 2 computers workin and a phone at the same time.

Thanks

Telephones generally use RJ11 connectors and can plug into a modem or walljack etc
Routers use RJ45 connectors and plug into Ethernet cards,switches etc.
If you want to use a spitter before connecting to your modem that will allow you to talk on the phone and surf the web.

Why would you want to plug a phone to a router? You are using dialup? Routers don't support dialup. You either need a dialup modem with ethernet interface (i have no idea if such things exist) or you have to use Windows ICS.

Heh.. Looking at the router specs from the other routers thread i found out that there are actually routers that support dialup.

Yall,
No, i have broadband and i want to know if i can have both my computers connected to the internet and a phone workin at the same time while using a router to connect the 2 computers together. i know nothin about how it all works with routers and all, im now thinkin that do you have the broadband filter(that lets u connect 1 computer to the internet and talk at the same time) comin out of ur main wall outlet with 1 wire going to the phone and another one goin into the router?

Sounds about right....but u neva no......

Yes.

It doesn't matter what you connect to your DSL modem. As long as you have the filter installed, you can use the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back