Rumor: Design and specs of new Samsung Galaxy S3 leaked

Jos

Staff

Details of a new Galaxy S smartphone emerged on Phandroid yesterday, after an anonymous source forwarded a snapshot of a slide thought to have been shown as part of an internal presentation to phone carrier and retail executives.

If the details on the slide are correct, the new flagship S3 model will be powered by a 1.8GHz dual core Exynos 4212 CPU, 2GB of RAM, a 12MP camera and a 4.6" super AMOLED Plus HD display. The new screen technology provides full HD resolution without falling back on the PenTile technology found in Samsung's current generation of devices.

rumor design samsung galaxy s3

The source also noted that the camera would deploy a W750 BSI CMOS sensor, and the phone will feature support for LTE 4G network connections, as well as near-field communication (NFC) support for contactless payment by its users. It will run the new Ice Cream Sandwich build of Android, and will reportedly retain its four physical buttons.

The new Galaxy S3 features a more rounded design at the top and bottom, in contrast to the very square design of the current S2 model, and will most likely be thinner as well. The phone's design language and visual display appearance is expected to be different to the current model, in a bid to avoid future legal issues with Apple.

That said, it is possible the released information is an elaborate fake, and the information remains unconfirmed since going public yesterday. Suspicions, especially given the reference to an Exynos processor, and other flaws could be argued, but the features in most parts do seem to tally in with what the industry expects of the new Galaxy S3 -- and if these specs are on the next Galaxy S phone it could become yet another overnight sensation for Samsung.

Permalink to story.

Overkill? 1.8ghz dual core and 2gb of ram. Plus the screen is 4.6 inch, who wants to carry a brick around all day. Ill stick to my iPhone 4.

fraggleki said:
Overkill? 1.8ghz dual core and 2gb of ram. Plus the screen is 4.6 inch, who wants to carry a brick around all day. Ill stick to my iPhone 4.

Ha. Well done Apple. You've apparently brainwashed another one into thinking that slower, smaller, and shittier is better :) We salute you.

Raswan said:
fraggleki said:

Ha. Well done Apple. You've apparently brainwashed another one into thinking that slower, smaller, and shittier is better :) We salute you.

Well thats rubbish isn't it? iPhone is certainly not "Shittier" as you put it.

Sure the specs are not quite as good, but he does have a point, the screen is getting a little too large to hold in your Jeans pocket at 4.6inches.

Plus we have no idea what the Android Ice Cream OS is going to be like, we already know iOS5 on iPhone 4S is reliable and has loads of features.

Saying it is "Shittier" just goes to show how little you know about smart phones or you simply prefer something that rips through your pocket as you bend over...

Rightsaid apple products are the best in features and ease of use than any other phone in this world

Is it me or can they not spell 'copying' correctly. Looks like a hoax.

I am a diehard Android fan, but I definitely agree 4.6" is edging on a stupid size for a phone. There's a reason I picked my HTC Aria, and that was the 3.2" screen.

I'll be getting a new phone soon, and I'm actually sad to see the smallest one I can get is 4".

I use to be a Apple hater but I've found that the Apple IOS with all its apps and such is just plain better...so I am getting my first Apple iPhone 4S this Friday and I can't be more excited. It's only fan-boys of other products who say the iPhone is crap. Its time to take the blinders off. When a product is the best as a whole, not just spec wise..... That's the one to go for. And currently as much as it makes me cringe..Apple is it. It could change in the future when android and windows matures. There is a point where a screen is to large..I think if Apple goes to a 4" screen on there next iPhone that will be a awesome size..anything bigger is like a brick!

lol... Fraggleki

Right, because a slower, older generation iPhone is what everyone should strive for. Poor kid, cannot follow technology, so ur amuzed by marketing. Plz, stick with Apple products, they suit ignorance.

burty117 said:

Plus we have no idea what the Android Ice Cream OS is going to be like, we already know iOS5 on iPhone 4S is reliable and has loads of features.

I hate to get into this debate as they are both great products having used both. However considering that Android already has almost all of the features of iOS 5 it can be guaranteed that Ice Cream will have more. Although it obviously it all comes down to preference the reason why I give android the edge is that you get more for less in terms of what you spend. The amount that apple marks up their products is ridiculous and I will therefor never buy another.

Nice job Raswan you made me laugh. Up until the end of your very first post I was still assuming that you're an adult. You just had to prove me wrong.

AAAHH, why do we still follow leaks, they are recipes for disappointment (iPhone 4s, anyone?)

Maybe we should just start strapping tablets to ourselves, since all phones seem to be headed to that footprint.

I'll give apple credit that their phone OS is uniform so its the same over every device. But with android you can customize the OS to whatever you want. Sure I have a HTC Inspire 4g. I can choose to run HTC Sense or root the phone and use cyanogenmod. With apple you are stuck with what they want to give you. They basically control ever aspect of your experience. If apple does not want you to have it than you won't have it. With android it is more open. You have more choices.

Come out with three year old technology
Label it innovative
Come out with voice recognition software that google created
call it something else and label it as beautiful
Come out with proprietary second generation hardware on aluminum casing with no ability to upgrade, downgrade of get new parts
call it a revolution of innovation and changes the way everyone uses computers

Sure seems that i don't know allot about apple.

I find it funny that whenever there's any news on a new or old cell phone the classic Android/iPhone debate erupts. It comes down to OS preferences, simply put.

As far as hardware goes, "if" the leaked specs are true the SGSIII will be the most bad A phone out there, end of story. Would be awesome to see keyboard/monitor docking station accessories, it definitely has the fire power.

Guest said:
Is it me or can they not spell 'copying' correctly. Looks like a hoax.

We'll consider it was hosted in Asian part of the world, these occurrences are usually common.

I too myself seen this when I travel to Japan and China.

1977TA said:
I find it funny that whenever there's any news on a new or old cell phone the classic Android/iPhone debate erupts. It comes down to OS preferences, simply put.

As far as hardware goes, "if" the leaked specs are true the SGSIII will be the most bad A phone out there, end of story. Would be awesome to see keyboard/monitor docking station accessories, it definitely has the fire power.

For some reason, i think your points are true, and... this is sarcasm right?

I needed to know, how many apps are there that actually utilizing this much of power. I mean simple task like web browsing, emailing, or even games and video call doesn't really need all that.... or am I wrong? :(

Sorry, I'm not really into android atm.. i still using Symbian OS :)

What do you need 1.8 Ghz for? Do you need a 2GB RAM on a phone? Do you need a 4.6" Brick on your pocket? Do you need a 12 MP Camera on your phone?

Tell me.. for what purpose do you primarily use your phone for.. Do you use it like a desktop/laptop?
They just pumped up the specs so high and they call it innovation.. Just a waste.. And oh, how long will your battery last on this crap?

This is not innovation. You have so much power under that hood but you don't have the proper set of wheels on it. You need better software to utilize that kind of power. If they can put that to good use then I am fine with it.

The guy was talking about the size, no need to go on the offesive just because he told iphone it might as well be an android

Well, if the phone uses cpu/semiconductor parts that are made via 22nm technology; has an improved Super AMOLED; has at least a 1850mAH battery, the battery life for this phone would be quite good =)

Anyway, phones are expected to go quad core by the end of 2012.

Back