Rumor smash: Samsung tablets are not selling poorly

Emil

Staff

Online media outlet MoneyToday reported on market rumors today that the Samsung Galaxy Tab was not selling well and that inventory was thus overflowing at several hundred thousand units. Shares of the South Korean company fell a bit after it was suggested the product needed to be priced more competitively. Once again, Samsung had to deny market speculation about the poor performance of its Galaxy Tab plan.

"We don't comment on market speculation but such talk is absolutely groundless," Samsung spokesman James Chung told Reuters. "Our tablet strategy is offering a broad product range with different sizes to support wider customer choice."

This is the third time Samsung had to step in with a PR statement to dispel rumors. Last month, Samsung responded to reports that the Galaxy Tab return rate was as high as 15 percent, saying it was actually below 2 percent.

Earlier this month, there was speculation that the Galaxy Tab 10.1 would be delayed after the company said it need to rethink its strategy due to the iPad 2 announcement. This was quickly denied with Samsung declaring that everything was still on schedule.

Yesterday, Samsung officially announced the Galaxy Tab 10.1 and the Galaxy Tab 8.9. The WiFi version of the 10.1 will arrive on June 8, 2011 in 16GB ($500) and 32GB ($600) flavors while the 8.9 will also be available in 16GB ($470) and 32GB ($570) versions.

Permalink to story.

"Rumor smash: Samsung tablets are not selling poorly"

I think you mean: Samsung tablets are selling poorly.

trillionsin said:
Are not selling poorly?

Umm.... This article is talking about how it IS selling poorly, am I wrong?

Sorry, maybe this was referring to an older article that I missed??? Hence smashing the rumor that they are not selling poorly, meaning they are selling poorly....

I must have just misunderstood?

Didn't the article mention that Samsung dispelled the rumors that the Galaxy tab was selling poorly? If so, then the tab is probably selling as expected. Thus, the rumors that the pad is selling poorly, is smashed.

The price is quite alarming, if they do decide to keep to that price point, with all the other options coming out, they WILL sell poorly.

Back