Safest way to remove Ghost 9 and install Ghost 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had trouble with Norton SystemWorks 2004 and Ghost 10 installed on the same WinXP Home Edition machine. They seem to be incompatible. I removed both NSW 2004 and Ghost 10, and installed NSW 2005 Premier which includes Ghost 9. That seems to be working fine, but I prefer Ghost 10 as it makes better use of the HDD used to store the backup images.

Anyway, I am looking for the SAFEST way to remove/uninstall Ghost 9 so that I can install Ghost 10. I do not want to disturb the rest of NSW 2005 installation.

Suggestions appreciated, especially if someone has done the removal/installation process.

Thanks.

You are going from crap to crappier!
Forget about any Symantec/Norton S H I T and get Acronis Image instead.
It may be best to reinstall afresh, to rid your system of that Symantec bloatware.

I got your rant.
But while I was waiting for it, I installed Ghost 10 which uninstalled Ghost 9, and that solved my problem.

When you said Uninstall, did you mean everything on my computer just to uninstall Ghost 9??

That 'Suggestion' is ridiculous. It is stuff like that which gives many Forums a bad name, because some unsuspecting poor soul may take that 'advice' and spend DAYS doing unnecessary work.

If you cannot answer the question, maybe you should not respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back