Sagipsul.com Virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. Yesterday I first encountered this problem. Now it's gotten a lot worse. Half the time I try to turn on my computer the main screen is just blank (except for that background picture), and the other half I'll be online and the startup bar will dissappear. I can still access things through Ctr+alt+delte, but I don't know how to get this to stop. A Pop up will occur that has a url of sagipsal.com and it seems to be connected to some user with juan in the name. I've looked on this fourm and have tried to follow instructions for the removal of this virus, but it seems to be specific to the computer. Any help is greatly appreciated, and sorry to trouble you all with what I'm sure is yet another frantic kid with a virus problem. Here is the Hijackthis scan log:

sagipsul

Hi :

My investigation of sagipsul reveals the main 2 weapons to use are the FREE
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Combofix ; try and get those 2 programs on
your computer and run them . Keep us informed as to your progress .

Hi red29216

Have you followed the 8 step preliminary instructions?.

If not i would advise you to follow then and post ALL the logs. Sagipsul is usually removed by the 8 step process. Then someone will get back to

ALSO

Do not use that copy of Hijackthis again. It is out of date.

Uninstall and then download from the link in the 8 step process Ive linked to above and re- post.

Thanks a ton guys. I really appreciate the help. I'm going to do the 8 step process after thequick scan with Malwarbyte I just started.

One question I have thought, is even after the 8 step process should I completely reinstall my computer with my recovery CD? Looking over some fourms with this I saw one guy say it was a good idea to do that because the virus duplicates itself and may get through?

If your going to reinstall then there is no point in doing the scan as reinstalling will wipe all of your data from your PC.

Reformatting is good as it will give you a fresh feel however it will leave you to start again reinstalling everything.
Up to you.

Also you said about a quick scan with malwarebytes. for this instance ALWAYS do a full scan. A quick scan could miss something important.

Ok I ran the 8 step removal. The logs are attached. It seems that all the symptoms have gone away - those programs are awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back