Samsung Galaxy S6 will reportedly get a larger display with a higher resolution

Shawn Knight

Staff member

samsung galaxy s6 alleged galaxy samsung smartphone exynos android 5.0 project zero lollipop galaxy s6 leaked specs

The next iteration in Samsung’s Galaxy line of smartphones will feature a larger display with a higher resolution compared to the current Galaxy S5.

A leaked screenshot purported to show a specifications list of the Galaxy S6 recently hit the web. If legitimate, the next big thing from Samsung will have a 5.5-inch display sporting a resolution of 2,560 x 1,440 that’ll be powered by the company’s own 64-bit octa-core Exynos 7420 processor.

As is the norm, the Exynos chip will likely be reserved for international models which means those stateside can probably expect to see the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon processor instead.

samsung galaxy s6 alleged galaxy samsung smartphone exynos android 5.0 project zero lollipop galaxy s6 leaked specs

The S6 will also allegedly ship with 3GB of system memory and 32GB of internal storage. A 20-megapixel camera is said to grace the rear of the phone while a 5-megapixel shooter handles selfie and video chat duties. It’ll run Android 5.0 Lollipop out of the box.

Last month, Samsung revealed plans to scale back its mobile phone output by 30 percent although there was never really any doubt that the Galaxy line would persevere.

That said, the Galaxy name alone doesn’t always guarantee success. Samsung had high hopes for the Galaxy S5 but ultimately sold about 40 percent fewer handsets than anticipated.

The company will no doubt have a sharper and more accurate feel for the market when the S6 arrives. They’ve even reportedly adopted a codename for the device, Project Zero, which some believe may involve a total redesign from scratch.

Permalink to story.

"Samsung had high hopes for the Galaxy S5 but ultimately sold about 40 percent fewer handsets than anticipated."

I'm no expert, but after I saw the specs, I knew they wouldn't sell that many; there is almost no difference between the S5 and the previous model, the S4.

Can you say LG G3 with a large meg-pix camera

LG has put serious hurt on Sammy this round, looks like they will "copy-cat" it for the win?

LG has put serious hurt on Sammy this round, looks like they will "copy-cat" it for the win?
Isn't that what Samsung is good for? I cant remember the last time they made something themselves from scratch.

For heavens sake. Don't they already have a phablet with a screen that size. Haven't they yet figured it out that a lot of people just want a high end/high performance phone with a decent sized screen and not some unwieldy goddamned monstrosity.

After seeing those spec's I would still rather have the Galaxy Alpha.

What a shocker. Another week goes by and there is a new phone announced from Samsung. Sales are down 60% on the s4. Just maybe the everybody on the planet has a cell phone and does not need to upgrade every month.

Optimize it to run smoother, remove bloatware, get a boost in battery life. Or at least, change the design like HTC did, Samsung phones were ugly for so long it has become a trademark.

I'm still in a contract from my new then S4 and now the S6 is already announced? Seriously, slow down and do some real upgrades. Although I do like the S5's waterproofing system for sure. My parents have S5's and... ehhh.. On a screen that small 1080 is plenty, I'd rather them work on better batterys and faster/sharper cameras IMHO.

Sooner or later they're gonna have to stop increasing the size right? A 5.5 inch screen on their flagship seems more than excessive. I don't understand this "upgrade."

Same story as usual. Bigger screen with higher resolution, both are unnecessary. Performance will be about the same, a tad bit faster. Nothing to talk about. I can imagine people buying this because they want to have the latest phone, specs don't matter to them. If I had S3 I wouldn't even consider upgrade since the performance looks the same to me.

If the S6 has a 5.5" screen that what will the note 5 have xD. If Samsung dumps TouchWiz it would be an amazing phone.

Ladies! Believe me, Samsung doesn't always get it right, but if screen size didn't sell, they wouldn't be increasing it.
I personally know a few people who are just waiting for their contracts to finish so that they can get either this S6 or even a Note 4. So size does matter for a bunch of people! :p

Back