Samsung to sell luxury Galaxy Tab for $1,000

Emil

Staff

Samsung is planning to unveil a luxury Galaxy Tab model that comes with a leather case and Bluetooth headset, and will set you back €749 or about $1,000. First shown off at Millionaire Fair, a European expo that shows off expensive toys and gadgets, the luxury version will reportedly be a limited time offer that lasts through January, according to TG Daily.

Apart from two aforementioned features, the luxury version will be the same as other Galaxy Tab devices sold by several major US carriers. The Galaxy Tab typically costs $650 without a service plan or about $400 with a two-year plan from some carriers.

A luxury version of the Galaxy Tab suggests that Samsung wants to raise its brand awareness amongst those with a little more spending money. Samsung sold 600,000 units of the Galaxy Tab in a month and then broke the 1 million mark before two months passed.

Running on Android 2.2, the Galaxy Tab features a TFT-LCD capacitive touch screen with a 1024x600 resolution, a 1GHz Cortex A8 Hummingbird Application processor, 512MB of RAM, 802.11n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0, 3G, and dual cameras for capturing still images, videos, or making video calls. It also has a robust HTML Web browsing experience with Adobe Flash 10.1, as well as support for a number of different formats, including DivX, Xvid, WMV, and MPEG-4.

Permalink to story.

You know that 1 euro = 1 dollar right? In the eyes of companies then. You'll probably get it for 750 dollars.

So will the US premium tab be able to make phone calls? If not then it's still a piece of garbage made of lies.

So will the US premium tab be able to make phone calls? If not then it's still a piece of garbage made of lies.
If it were possible to make garbage out of lies only, it wouldn't have a foul odor. So, you sir, should patent this immediately.
Am I the only one that thinks the galaxy tab is way overpriced?
I too get junk mail aimed at the affluent from time to time. I try not to let it go to my head.

I mean the tab in general, am I the only one that thinks $650 is wayyy too much for the regular tab?
Well, that's pretty much the design aesthetic behind the iPad isn't it? What is that s** even for. I suppose if you want to get in on that market, you should probably shoot for an item that does too little, and costs too much.

The "Waaay TOOO coool" TV commercial for the iPad has one of the most annoying musical cues I've ever heard.

captaincranky said:
The "Waaay TOOO coool" TV commercial for the iPad has one of the most annoying musical cues I've ever heard.
I always change the channel when a iPhone or iPad ad comes on, its not because im not a fan of apple its the annoying music in their ads and they are on so often its torture.

The tab is overpriced period. The ADAM is by far the best and most fair priced tablet PC on the market. Samsung would charge 3 times as much as notionink is for the same product if they made it.

Back