SandForce BSOD bug identified, OCZ first to provide fix

Shawn Knight

Staff member
SandForce and OCZ Technology have released a firmware update for SF-2000 series solid state drives that addresses a nagging blue screen of death and disconnect bug that has plagued drives…

Read the whole story

G

Hopefully they will use this to fix the problems with the drives using SF-1200 as well!

G

I have a Kingston HyperX 120GB SSD, and it's been a terrible experience so far. Random BSOD and the works. I hope this fix will spawn a firmware update from Kingston soon.

G

OCZ and Sandforce really shot themselves in the foot... repeatedly... with a BFG-9000.

Most techies avoid their drives at all cost. Those unlucky ones who did not realise the extent of the problems... they're never buying OCZ/Sandforce again.

G

I tend to believe the issues weren't all that widespread. I've had a Vertex 3 since May and I haven't had any issues. I'm sure there are plenty like me out there, you just don't hear about it.

G

YES!!

I can put my computer to SLEEP NOW! :D

I knew SandForce and OCZ would pull through on this one!

G

Sandforce works great on the latest Intel Chipsets

ICH10R +

anything else .. = sandforce BUG!

i have a nForce 680i SLI ..and no sandforce controller will run properly on it!

i use Vertex 1 on that chipset.

but my SB + vertex 3 Max IOPS . .just screaming fast .. with 0 problems since I bought it.

(except a wake from sleep problem) .. but i never sleep my computer!

G

I've had a Vertex 2 in my laptop for over a year without issue. Based on that experience I recommended them to a client for use in 3 different laptops. I've gone through 5 different drives failing at varying intervals. All Vertex 2 drives both old nan and new, 60 and 120GB. Drive replacement through OCZ via RMA is taking weeks. I've currently been waiting for over a month for drive replacement on the last drive.

It will be a while before I try another OCZ drive ...