Sapphire 4850 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrissof

I just finished my new machine.after everything was assembled I ran 3dmark03(it`s old,Iknow.but didn`t have a newer)the first score was 38000 .
I continued to install stuff,and tried the benchmark again,reaching only 25000....
anybody experienced the same?what could have happened?
(despite of lacking driver support so far,CCC tells me its running my card on 500 core/750 ram....and that is way less than standard.overclockability was reported to go as far as 700/1060 by CCC)

my rig :
q6600
Asus p5q
Sapphire 4850
Be quiet 550
2gigs of kingston ddr2 800

thanks to anybody that can help

The core/memory speed reported are the idle speeds...the card throttles itself like the Intel processors do with speed step or the AMD processors do with cool'n'quiet when it is not under load. It is normal and actually described as a feature. When under load your card will use the overclocked settings you set without any performance penalty. I suggest you get the latest GPUZ which allows the recording of core and memory speeds over time so you can check if you wish. Also AMD has released a GPU overclocking utility.

As far as your benchmark is concerned I cannot comment.

You must have installed some resource hogging software. Maybe it's your anti-virus.

thanx guys.
I`ll try gpu-z to check the frequencies,and before I run 3dmarks again,I´ll shut down
anti-virus.

Also make you have disabled vertical sync in the drivers before running the application.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back