Sapphire Radeon 9550 256MB driver issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montanaman

So...
I have this computer that is nothing special. Actually, its a piece of crap. Its a couple years old and definitely has a lot of mileage on it.
I like to play games on here, because as you may see, I'm only 15
Recently I downloaded a GameCube emulator that would allow me to play GameCube games on my computer.
The problem is that when I tried to play it, it said my video card wasn't strong enough. So I checked the inside of the computer and found that the card was an on-board one which obviously wouldn't cut it. I found this Sapphire Radeon 9550 256MB card in another (broken) computer and took that one but I cant get it to work because I cant find the drivers. I dont have a disk or anything that goes with it, just the actual card.
Does anyone know a place where I can find the drivers for this card?
Or know other ways to make it work?

Thanks tons

Ok Montanaman,
is this Sapphire card AGP or PCI? Do you live in Montana? I do :cool: Have you checked the Sapphire support website for a video driver?

Ok Montanaman,
is this Sapphire card AGP or PCI? Do you live in Montana? I do :cool: Have you checked the Sapphire support website for a video driver?

It seems he has the AGP version, there is no pci or pcie version.

Does anyone know a place where I can find the drivers for this card?
Or know other ways to make it work?

Thanks tons

If you are trying to play gamecube on the pc, you will need a much better card then the 9550. Also as for drivers, there doesn't seem to be any XP drivers, only windows98se drivers.

Here is some agp cards
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...2&bop=And&ActiveSearchResult=True&Order=PRICE

Unless you are saving up to buy a new rig

Yeah =\
The website had nothing.
And I figured I'd need a better one, but its still better than before...
I guess Ill need a new rig :S
Thanks a bunch! :)

Yeah =\
The website had nothing.
And I figured I'd need a better one, but its still better than before...
I guess Ill need a new rig :S
Thanks a bunch! :)

If you have the money just buy a prebuilt or if want to build, i guess thats cool. Make sure you get something with full x16 or 2.0 pcie slots.

peace

Since you already have the Radeon 9550, you might as well try it out while you decide about getting a new better one. A few years ago I built a budget PC and installed a Radeon 9550 AGP so there are definitely drivers for it. Try here: ATI/AMD.

Awesome, Mailpup. I went to that site and got exactly what I needed. The card works perfect. I also got my speakers working! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back