SB 1024 surround sound problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
surround sound, can anyone help (please!)

I would really appreciate some advice. I hope you don't mind a question or two.

I have a soundblaster 1024 Live soundcard a pro - logic amp and 5.1 speaker set-up (2 front speakers, 2 rear speakers, 1 centre, 1 subwoofer), ALL speakers are hooked into the pro-logic amp, the pro-logic amp is connected via analogue cable to the LINE OUT on the sounblaster 1024 live soundcard.

Questions:

1.) To get 5.1 surround sound do I need to get a new card which supports this feature or does the output from my existing card get converted to 5.1 surround sound by my pro-logic amp.

2.) Also is the 4 speaker option setting best for this setup or the 'live' setting in the souncards settings.I wanted to use the setting which was capable of using all my available speakers if possible

3.) I was wondering if the best way to connect, was via analogue cable from the pro-logic amp into the LINE OUT socket on the souncard or does it have to be have to be plugged into a different socket.

Any help is much appreciated
Thanks

1. If the amp supports 6 channel analog input then it'd be preferable to change the soundcard, Pro-logic won't up-mix it as well as as using a proper 6 channel card can do it (Pro-logic will mess around with the 3d positioning also).
2. Far as I recall with the Live the "Live! Surround" option in in the mixer encodes to pro-logic, or something pro-logic like. Regular 4 speaker analog output with the card would be the way to go for games/DVDs though, again, so it doesn't mess with positioning.

Is it really necessary to have the amp? I would suggest a setup like this:

Creative Live! Audigy, Creative Live! Platinum, Creative Live! XGamer, some sort of card with the DIGITAL DIN output.

What name and model number of speakers do you have? Are they Cambridge Soundworks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back