SCSI/RAID controller Host ... i dont have a scanner? HUH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demolition49

Hi i hope someone can help me, my computer is coming up with the

Found New Hardware Wizard

then it goes on to say about installing scsi/raid host controller but the thing is i dont have a scanner so why is this coming up?

I am using windows xp, pentium 4(3.02ghz), 512 ram(ddr), i have an inno 3d graphics card all my drivers have been installed using the cds provided when i put together the pc, so what is going on, thanks for the help.

There is more to SCSI than scanners, actually scanners are the lesser functionality of the SCSI bus. And sometimes some things are called SCSI even when they are not :p

Do you have a RAID controller. Or a SATA controller? Or did you install some virtual CD software like Alcohol or Daemon Tools?

Im almost certain i dont have a RAID or SATA controller just to check it goes in to the pci slot right? i do have nero, nero has imagedrive but its not enabled so i guess it wouldnt be that.

1 more thing is i went on to my device manager and the actual thing with an exclamation mark is under scsi and raid controllers called

VOB InstantDrive Controller if that helps.

VOB InstantDrive is exactly what I was talking about - it is a virtual CD drive the pretends to be connected to a (virtual) SCSI controller.

It is a part of the Pinnacle InstantCD/DVD suite.

the thing is when i try to update driver.. through device manager with the cd in the drive and even try specific location (dvd/cd drive) it still says hardware did not install properly.

What CD?

You will need to reinstall the Pinnacle software to (re)install the "drivers" for this thing. Or uninstall the Pinnacle software completely to make it go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back