Seagate Barracuda 7200.7

lacer

Have a Seagate barracuda 7200.7 that when I try to connect to the computer it wont even power up the computer shuts down, did replace all cables and all the other drives in my computer work, I had to RMA a new power supply recently, which I think produced a surge and as a result I think the drives Surge protector is damaged can I replace the PCB board on it would this work as I need to recover data on this harddisk

any suggestions would be helpful

I tried that computer is up and running as soon as I put in the drive computer shuts down and wont start then took it out computer started up after about a minute

If you are desperate for the data contained on your data drive you could TRY buying the exact same model drive off of ebay. Now I'm assuming that the moving internals of the data drive are still working, but the daughter board on the ebay drive should easily come off with a small torx screw driver and you could easily exchange the daughter board from that hard drive for the daughter board on your data drive without breaking the hard drives seals and ruining your data. Doing this will void any warranty you might have.

Back