Secondary Display Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just recently purchased an HIS X1650Pro and I've been desperately trying to get my TV to work as a secondary display but to no avail. I'm using S-Video for the connection and when I boot up my computer, my primary (monitor) display is black but the TV shows the boot-up sequence. Once Windows (XP SP2) loads, the TV goes black and the monitor takes over at my desktop.

I've tried extending the desktop onto the TV in Display Properties but all that happens is the TV flickers for a second. Oddly enough, when I make my TV the primary, my monitor will remain black.

I've used this TV before with my old Radeon 9800 as a secondary display and it worked without a hitch but I can't for the life of me make the X1650 work.

I'm running:

Asus A8N SLI Premium
Windows XP SP2
2gb Ram
HIS X1650Pro

Any help at all would be infinitely appreciated as ATI's tech support is *severely* lacking and so is HIS. Thanks for reading.

have you used the 9800 pro with dual displays on this current motherboard? some motherboards do not handle dual displays very well, if at all, like my old msi k8n-gm2 motherboard.

Ah, no, my 9800Pro was running extended desktop on an Asus A8V Deluxe flawlessly. ATI and HIS support have been atrocious so I may very well return this board for an eVGA 7600GT that I've heard is better with dual displays.

I'm able to get either the TV to display or the CRT to display only; it won't permit me to extend the desktop, sadly.

Exactly. I suggest checking your current motherboard's manual to make sure it supports dual display. When I checked mine, it said that it did not.

Have you properly configured it in ACC and using latest version too?
...Is that 'Dual Display' means clone mode in 2 screens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back