Seriously, how will the X850XT benefit video editing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noyz3001

I'm a 3-year veteran of video editing. Been working with an 02 Gateway with a 2.4Ghz CPU and 512MB of RDRAM. Have plenty of good hard drive space so I'll leave that out. But I know the video card is the same nVidia card that came with the system 3 years ago. Working with this system has been okay but I do experience some studdering issues after working on a multi-layered, busy project in Pinnacle for about an hour. My solution is rebooting and I'm good to go. Doesn't seem to be a heating problem as I have plenty of cooling inside and a house fan aimed point blank at the opened box.

I have just built a new machine; 3.4GHz 650 Prescott, 2GB of Dual Channel DDR2 533 RAM on an ASUS P5AD2-E Premium mobo. I also included a Connect 3D Radeon X850XT PE video card. Everything fires up but I have yet to install my OS so I haven't actually experienced this machine yet. What I'm curious to know is where I should expect to see the differences? Will my render times but cut short? Can I count on the jerkyness to disapear with task-intesive editing? I just want to be as realistic about my new machine as possible and if anyone out there can offer their opinion, I would appreciate it.

These boards are awesome, thanks!
-N

the p4 650 is a capable cou, you should be fine there. you can expect much better performance out of the new box running the same tasks/apps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back