SHDOCLC.DLL problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if it's been posted..

Everytime I'm browsing sites or using a P2P sharing program, my connection completely stops. I'm guessing it's due to running out of bandwidth. It's a cable modem, but it still works. Whenever I try to open I.E 6, I get this SHDOCLC.DLL error in the bottom bar. My messengers stop working, everything. It's like I'm not even connected to the internet. Im running Windows XP home edition. ie 6. I've only recently started to have this problem.

The only way I can get back online is to reboot my computer. If anybody can help me with this I'd appreciate it so much:grinthumb

Yeah, I use ad-aware often.

It isn't as much of a problem if I could unplug my cable and replug it in rather than having to re-boot.

I've tried that too. It's still happening though.

I know my cable is working, but I can't get online unless I re-boot because of that file:dead:

OK, not suggesting this is the same as your problem but I went to see a guy who was having a similar problem, after reloading DUN (he had Win 98) it still had the same problem. When I checked further I noticed his home page was set to the error message.....SHDOCLC.DLL error. I just changed it back to the default and it worked fine.
Why it had changed to this error I shall never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back