Should I buy the Vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.

timvu83

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking to build my own computer and was wondering weather or not I should upgrade to Windows Vista when I do. I use my computer to do basic items such as excel, explorer, and word, but also use it to play video games (if time permitting) such as Battlefield 2142 and World of Warcraft.

Does anyone know the benefits of Vista vs. XP?

Should I wait on buying the OS so that they can work out all the problems?

If I do buy it, does the package allow one to install the program in multiple computers?

Links to articles would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

As of this moment, XP is a lot more useful than Vista. Until Vista gets the array of supporting programs that XP does, its going to be a lot of fluff.

However, XP is going to be dying quite rapidly, and Vista will probably soon overtake it. I'd buy Vista and just deal with the issues until the service packs and drivers are updated etc.

The "problems with Vista" posts here at TechSpot are starting to come in fast and furious! To no one's supprize...

timvu83,
If you deside to go with Vista, be aware that many games and computer hardware won't work in Vista right now. As long as you keep this in mind, go ahead and install Vista on your new system. Someone has to do it

If I do buy it, does the package allow one to install the program in multiple computers?
No. Unless you buy multiple licenses, it's one to a PC.

Here is one article among many that discusses it. Click here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back