Should I expect a 7600GT price drop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PotatoYam

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to upgrade to a 7600GT video card. However, the 8600GT designed to replace the 7600GT is expected to come out on April 17th.

I can and would rather wait until after April 17th if it would mean the prices of the 7600GT will drop significantly. The problem is that there is a 30$ rebate at my local computer store until March 31st.

So could anyone help out and tell me if the prices of the 7600GT will drop? And if they will, how much will it be? Maybe past prices of th 6600GT will be an indication?

Anything would be helpful, and thanks in advance.

Just buy one now, with the $30 rebate. The prices might take awhile to go down $30.

Although it is HIGHLY advisable to stretch and get an 8600GT. VERY HIGHLY advisable, as it will own the 7600GT's rear end.

Hehe, yeah, unfortunately, I'm already stretching my budget just to get this one, and though I would love to get the 8600GT, my wallet doesn't want to. But thanks for the reply.

Ok, well in that case, get the 7600GT now. it might take longer than you think to go down in price after the 8600GT comes out... I heard that the replacement for the 7600GT is actually called the 8600 Ultra and the 8600GT replaces the 7600GS...

Bfg 7600 Gt

I got mine awhile back for 114.00 now its back up to 142.00 in some places. It is a very good- "medium" level card. I have a new build going now and almost bought the 2nd for SLI. I'm not going to do it. I keep reading the reviews on SLI and they ARE not as good as some suggest. If I were you and plan on going to Vista someday, Wait and get the 8800 series card. If you game it's the smart choice to do, they are the only 10x rated card right now.
I don't know if this helps your opinion or not but food for thought*. If you have to get a graphics card a.s.a.p get the 7600 GT it's good*- watch the price on it at newegg.

(the BFG model comes overclocked just a little 10% more than the other 7600 GT brands)

Getting the GeForce 7600GT now will give you respectable mid-range performance for a low price. It would be a good choice, because there's no telling how far away in the future the 7600GT price drop is.

I would recommend the XFX GeForce 7600GT XXX-Edition (PVT73GUGD3). I have this one, and it performs acceptably well.
I chose this one because it was the most-overclocked 7600GT at the time. It has a 590MHz core (stock is 560MHz) and 1600MHz memory (stock is 1400MHz).

Do the Video Card Price Limbo.....

PotatoYam said:
Hey everyone,

I'm looking to upgrade to a 7600GT video card. However, the 8600GT designed to replace the 7600GT is expected to come out on April 17th.

I can and would rather wait until after April 17th if it would mean the prices of the 7600GT will drop significantly. The problem is that there is a 30$ rebate at my local computer store until March 31st.

So could anyone help out and tell me if the prices of the 7600GT will drop? And if they will, how much will it be? Maybe past prices of th 6600GT will be an indication?

Anything would be helpful, and thanks in advance.
Newegg is selling EVGA 7600GT cards (they have 3 models) for $120.00 and less. Plus they come with rebates 10 to 20 bucks. This is against list prices of $200.00 to $220.00. (I know the list doesn't mean anything) I can't speak to Quality, but if they suck this is not good, I bought one last week. (P550)($120.00) which is mid-line. It has TV out, is dual headed, with two DVI to D-sub adapters they're worth about $10. apiece. Plus it's got a $20.00 MIR.
Seems to work okay, and looks good on paper. I'm not a gamer so DX10 is a non-issue to me. The cards are only selling for 1/2 of list price now, so would anybody like to weight on how low they'll go before they close them out?

When are those new DX10 line mid range cards realistically being expected to come out?

If its a matter of a month or two I would just wait.It`ll be well worth it. I was going to buy a 7600gt/gs card but after finding out this I am just gonna wait.

Patience!

Thanks for the input everyone, I won't be needing anything higher than the 7600GT nor do I have the budget for it, so I think I'll just get it now if the price drop will take a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back