Show me graphics so good you can't tell they're fake

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamerex

Can anyone show me a screenshot of graphics so good it's hard or almost impossible to tell it's fake? Doesn't have to be from a game. Beowulf came close, but the snow didn't actualy hit the character's clothing.

Sometime I swear GT 5: P could be mistaken.. Sometimes, I can tell you now. It DOES look like the screenshots on the web for non-believers.
Crysis.., maybe. I'm not saying it's visuals are mediocre in anyway the 2 games just have different styles. The water on Crysis looks damn good.

I play GT 5: P in 1080p on my Dell monitor, so you wont get anything life like on your standart telly

ae9tzr.gif

Have you seen my dog?

I got a 10 out of 12 on that one, Papa. I missed the light bulb and the rope for the blinds. :(

Game graphics are someone easy for the *****ic reasons: Lighting coloring is undetailed:in life, white paint has a infinite number of shades, bad textures(repeated), undetailed, and the number of geometrics in objects.

For the diffrence between HD and analog for those who don't think HD is any better:

Analog movie:Guy's face didn't have a SINGLE blemish picture is sharp and clear.

Digital: Guys face was completly covered in frekles. The camera simply didn't see the space between the frekles.

Sharpness and clarity doesn't nessesarily mean detail, becuase HD is DETAIL.

Games like Crysis and even Oblivion can at times look very real. Sometimes there are moments when I play either that I stop and realize it looks realistic. The thing that never looks real to me though are characters in games. Game graphics designers have yet to make a character model that actually looks real.

Hmm.. Have you been in any of these locations that seem "real" in these games? Or do you base the real-lookingness on something like movies and TV shows, which use fake scenery? :p

lol.

If you max the settings out on Oblivion, step through the sewer gates into the game world, then walk up to the dock and peer out at the horizon, it looks pretty good. Also, up-close views of some walls look realistic as well. Crysis in particular looked great. Trees and fauna seem to be a problem with graphics designers, much like people, except they are getting better at trees/fauna faster than they are people. I look forward to the day when everything in the games are unmistakable with real pictures.

KoLAddict said:
lol.

If you max the settings out on Oblivion, step through the sewer gates into the game world, then walk up to the dock and peer out at the horizon, it looks pretty good. Also, up-close views of some walls look realistic as well. Crysis in particular looked great. Trees and fauna seem to be a problem with graphics designers, much like people, except they are getting better at trees/fauna faster than they are people. I look forward to the day when everything in the games are unmistakable with real pictures.

I'd have to side with Oblivion if you wanted the most realistic graphics, for me it feels like the REAL "living, breathing world"...sounds familiar? There are tons of player-made mods including those which enhance your eye candy experience such as Qarl's Texture Pack III. Even without those mods, and considering it was released a year before Crysis, it's simply a mind-blowing game...to me at least. I'd say give it a shot and google some screenies.

Attachments

• yellow5.jpg
    yellow5.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 12
Not the Video game, billaboing, the first FF movie. It does look fabulous, definately for its time. Look it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back