Skyrim total conversion mod Enderal to arrive next month, here's the launch trailer

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Developer SureAI has confirmed that Enderal, the total conversion mod for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, will arrive next month.

The mod promises a game that is set in its own world with its own landscape, lore and a dark, psychological storyline with what the developer calls believable characters. Like the original game, Enderal will offer an immersive open world with the added bonuses of an overhauled skill system, a housing system that allows players to design their own homes and refreshed gameplay mechanics.

SureAI, a small team of 14 based in Munich that is best known for its Oblivion mod Nehrim: At Fate’s Edge, claims to have poured 29,893 hours – nearly three and a half years of continuous work – into the project to date. That’s some serious dedication right there, folks. Players can expect anywhere from 30 to 100 hours of playtime, we’re told.

Best yet, the mod will be absolutely free for anyone that owns a legal copy of Skyrim, no DLCs necessary. The catch? It’ll initially be released in German with an English version slated to arrive several weeks later.

If you’re looking for something to hold you over until its arrival, you might want to check out the recent Holds The City Overhaul mod. As the name suggests, this 4GB mod overhauls the cities within Skyrim. Other favorites include the SkyUI, Climates of Tamriel and Convenient Horses mods, just to name a few.

Permalink to story.

And Mass Effect is pretty much Space Battleship Yamato, just like half the space operas since 1975.

nah they're not "that" similar. Enderal and Mass Effect are identical from what I gather in the trailer. Old extinguished civilization, whiped out in a cleansing from this unknown threat. having to learn from them and so on. Reapers, Protheans, Shepard, they're all there with a different name and face.

And Mass Effect is pretty much Space Battleship Yamato, just like half the space operas since 1975.

nah they're not "that" similar. Enderal and Mass Effect are identical from what I gather in the trailer. Old extinguished civilization, whiped out in a cleansing from this unknown threat. having to learn from them and so on. Reapers, Protheans, Shepard, they're all there with a different name and face.

History does not repeat itself, but human nature is such that like events produce similar consequences - so we study history. (a loose paraphrase of Thucydides, Peloponnesian War circa 430 BC)

Crawley translated the phrases as " if it be judged useful by those inquirers who desire an exact knowledge of the past as an aid to the interpretation of the future, which in the course of human things must resemble if it does not reflect it, "

I like mine better. I think I'll like Enderal, too.

History does not repeat itself, but human nature is such that like events produce similar consequences - so we study history. (a loose paraphrase of Thucydides, Peloponnesian War circa 430 BC)

Crawley translated the phrases as " if it be judged useful by those inquirers who desire an exact knowledge of the past as an aid to the interpretation of the future, which in the course of human things must resemble if it does not reflect it, "

I like mine better. I think I'll like Enderal, too.[/QUOTE
As a translator of pre-Qin Chinese, I can say that it is exactly loose paraphrase which ruined English translations of Sun Tzu.

Back