Slow Internet speed

dsoumil

I dont get the internet speed that my isp offers me.
like when I surf pages and load videos it is very slow, but on the other hand my isp offers me 1mbps.
when I login to safe mode I feel that the internet there is very fast but in normal mode it is slow.
some times I get speed of 1.5mb/s from the isp and normally I get 70 kb/ps which is really slow and nothing compared to what I should be getting.
can u please fix this issue as well.

I don't know that I can't fix your issue, but I can help you check for what might contribute to the slowdown:
  1. What type of connection do you have: Dial-up, cable or DSL?
  2. Click on Start> Settings> Control Panel> System:
    [o]What is the operating system?
    [o]How much Ram is installed?
  3. Click on Start< Run> type in msconfig> Enter> Choose Startup tab
    [o]How many boxes are checked?
  4. Right click on the Taskbar> Task Manager>(in Normal Mode)
    [o]Processes tab> Look at the bottom and tell me how many processes are running
    [o]Performance tab> Look on the bottom for the Physical Memory
    [o]How much Total Memory?
    [o]How much Available Memory?
    [o]How much is in the System Cache?
================================
When I have the information from the 4 questions above, I may be able to help you.

Logging on to Safe Mode will prevent some drivers and Services from running, so the system will move faster, but you will be able to do less than in Normal Mode.

In Normal Mode, everything you have checked on the Startup Menu to start on boot has to load. Most of those processes will run in the background. This can slow you down.
-----------------------------------------------------

1. Cable Connection
2. Windows 7 Ultimate x86 , 4gb ddr2
3. 3
4. 59 processes.
total 3070
available 1605
cached 1591

You did not tell me that you had just ended a thread today for malware cleaning:

Check your security again please- you are running processes for the following:
Bit Defender
Microsoft Security Essentials
McAfee Security Scan
Some process from Symantec.
You should have only 1 antivirus and 1 firewall.
(Multiple antimalware programs are okay)
Multiple AV and/or FW can slow a system down.
Security programs that are no longer being used should be uninstalled.
------------------------------------------------------
These were the Task Manager settings in the thread you just finished: Memory info>
Percentage of memory in use: 12%
Total physical RAM: 4094.49 MB (4gb ddr2?)
Available physical RAM: 3572.1 MB (1605??)
Total Pagefile: 4092.77 MB
Available Pagefile: 3575.41 MB
Total Virtual: 2047.88 MB
Available Virtual: 1967.22 MB
==================================
I usually run about 2% of CPU in use, occasional 4% and I have 34 processes running.
=================================
I don't know how you can have only 3 processes checked on the Startup Menu and have 59 processes running! Please review the Service settings HERE.
===================================
P2P programs are a major source of Malware infections.

From your logs I see you have uTorrent and eMule. Using these programs may have contributed- or caused the current malware. I suggest that you uninstall both for the following reasons:
  • As long as you are using file sharing networks and programs which are from sources that are not documented, you cannot verity that a download is legitimate.
  • Malware writers use these program to include malicious content.
  • File sharing is usually unmonitored and there is a danger that your private files might be accessed.
  • The 'sharing' also includes malware that the shared system has on it.
  • Files that are illegal can be spread through file sharing.
Please read the information on P2P Warning to help you better understand these dangers.

PLEASE NOTE:
Even if you are using a P2P program that is deemed safe, it is only the program that is safe. Any files that you receive using a "safe" P2P program may be infected with Malware. The malware writers use P2P file-sharing as a major conduit to spread infected files.
---------------------------
It is interesting-and alarming to note, that at the end of cleaning, after removal of many malware entries, you still had active processes running for:
Win32/Conficker.X worm
Win32/Sniffer.WpePro
Win32/Spy.Agent.FFETUNH
===================================
As for the slow internet speed, I think it is mainly due to too many processes running, file sharing, general use of unsafe practices.

But you should also contact the ISP and ask them if they have any contributing reason why the speed is sub-standard.

Did you uninstall>
Bit Defender> set to run on startup
McAfee Security Scan> set to run on startup
Some process from Symantec.

After uninstall, use Windows Explorer to access Computer> Local Drive> Programs> Find the program folder for each and do a right click> Delete.

Sometimes users change their security and that's okay. But they don't realize processes will run from the former programs if they don't completely uninstall them.

Since I have no direct information about the slow internet connection, please review what I've commented on in my Reply #4.

Understand that I have no direct control over the internet speed. I can make suggestions of processes to stop that may be slowing thing down, but ultimately, the actual "speed" - or lack of- depends on the ISP.

When I was paying for 10mbps download speed, I never got it. And when it went up to 15mbps, I've never been able to 'measure' that either. The ISP will almost always tell a customer that everything at their end is working right!

Back