Slowdown with firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I am having an issue with some web pages being non responsive when they are loading. Only certain web pages do this though, ex. cnet.com. If anyone has had this issue and could help, please do. Thank you.

Specs: Intel Core 2 duo @2ghz, 4gb RAM, 320gb hd, ati radeon hd 3650. it's a Toshiba Satellite Laptop

if you have a spyware scanner or antivirus i recommend you use it.

free options:

Comodo Firewall Pro (Incl. antivir)
Spybot S&D

This simply may be an incompatibility with something and firefox. Try visiting these same sites on a different browser (do you have ie8 installed?). I know your scanners by name only and cannot provide specifics, however maybe one is causing a conflict? (i.e. scanning pages or something stupid)

Hello, I am having an issue with some web pages being non responsive when they are loading. Only certain web pages do this though, ex. cnet.com. If anyone has had this issue and could help, please do. Thank you.

This simply may be an incompatibility with something and firefox. Try visiting these same sites on a different browser

I am strickly a FF user and www.cnet.com responds just fine thank you. Trying a different browser might be of some value, but ONLY to show that the site (or some sites) are $^%& written for IE only. Opera can be useful as it can pretend to be IE :)

Responsive; Some sites are just poor due to the path from you to the server being excessively loaded or having problems. Heck, from S. Calif, there are times that this site does not respond due to errors in Texas (but not this web server).

might sound a bit basic, but have you tried cleaning everything out like your cache and cookies? and if that doesn't work try reinstalling.

Yes, I have done scans and cleared data. This is the Only problem I run into now. I just dont understand how everything is in awesome working condition on my laptop except for this. I have checked all services and processes running after many restarts and everything is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back