So called softmodding

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrflex

Hey, i need some help. i like the idea of overclocking and i heard of the ati tool. It seems quite good for overclocking, but it gave me a message saying that a driver could unlock the other 4 pixel pipelines that my Radeon 9800se (128mb, 256bit) has. So i tryed and it seemed to work, but then i found some square dot things. It had made by 3D performance better, but i could never play my new games on it. I was wondering if anyone knew of something that could unlock tne pipelines. Could someone help please.

There was a 50/50 chance to get those extra pipelines working & chances have only goten worse with newer versions of those 9800se cards coming out.

If you still want to try it, you just need to install Omega drivers.

If you happen to fry your card in the process, you are the only person liable & do not try to make the warranty cover up for your mistakes. You have been warned.

Hey, that driver has really helped. The 4 other pipelines arent working still but that doesnt matter. thanks alot, does anyone know if the ATi tool is safe. Its used for OCing, but i dont know mutch, but thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back