So confused please someone take pity and help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so I am no computer whiz, but I do know a few things, but I can't seem to get this. Okay here is the situation, my CPU was basically wiped clean, and windows xp was uploaded all over again. But when the person who did this did not upload the Ethernet driver on it. I have been to several different sites and quite honesty don't know exactly what I am looking for. Could someone please help me with this. I would so appreciate it. Thank you.

Okay, first it would be helpful if you could first give us your computer system specs.

Second, for clarity sake, did you mean that the harddrive was reformatted, i.e., the harddrive was wiped clean and Windows was reinstalled?

Lastly, find the make/model of your ethernet card. The driver should be on a disk that your card came with.

Okay hopefully I can give you the right info. My computer is a emachine w3052 . The computer was wiped clean and windows reinstalled. I don't know the Ethernet make/model. The computer was given to me and none of the discs or anything else came with it. Sorry if that doesn't help. Is there somewhere on the CPU I could find the info.

find the make and model of your computer. On another system, download the drivers for your computer from the manufacturer's website. There should be an ethernet driver somewhere on the site.

That EMachine came with a modem (1 of 3 possibilities) stock so the ethernet was after-market probably; http://www.emachines.com/support/product_support.html?cat=Desktops&subcat=W-Series&model=W3052

You should identify the ethernet card; look in Device Manager for the description.

I trust your friend re-installed the motherboard drivers. They are available on the link above.(and for all I know they may include the ethernet drivers)

edit: it may be that the ethernet was built-in to the mobo BUT they don't list a driver in any case. So, identifying what it is will lead to the proper download. You can also try Everest Home to get the info: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

You can use Belarc (www.belarc.com, Everest, or magic jelly bean to determine what ethernet you have. Most such eMachines boards use the Intel 10/100/1000 integrated onboard driver.
However, since you have an AMD Sempron 3000 chip, it is likely the other made by RealTek.
The last time I checked, the Ethernet driver is part of the motherboard chipset softwware.
Download and reinstall the "Motherboard Driver Package" and your 10/100Mbps Ethernet should be automatically installed as part of the process. You will find it at
http://www.emachines.com/support/pro...es&model=W3052

google astra 32 then download it m8
it is a system info tool
it will tell you everything that is in your pc
and what drivers are needed
it will identify the name of all your hardware

Rigfht click on My Computer, go to Device Manager, find the ethernet controller. open up and update driver and anything else that has a red cross beside it

there is a program called driver guide toolkit which will probably be able to give you the information on you're ethernet card so give this a try and let me know what happens
john

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back