Some good educational games for 12 yrs old kid

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for some educational games for my kids aged 12 yrs. Can anyone suggest me some games which helps in mental exercises?

My PC is running on 4GB ram DDR III, AMD quardracore processor & Gig 785 G mobo and 8400 GT Nividia graphic card.

Well, I usually bring my 11-year old niece to this site when she comes over. Although I can't say all the games in there are big hits for her, there are always some two or three games that she finds sufficiently engaging. Her father tells me that, at home, she does visit the site every once in a while to play.

Couldn't get my 12-year old nephew near the site, though, for some reason.

Well, I usually bring my 11-year old niece to this site when she comes over. Although I can't say all the games in there are big hits for her, there are always some two or three games that she finds sufficiently engaging. Her father tells me that, at home, she does visit the site every once in a while to play.

Shame. Knowledge Adventure stopped making Jump Start games. It's one of the games I played when I was very young. I have legit copies of JumpStart 3rd, 4th, and 6th grade which my mom bought for me and I enjoyed it on Windows XP. Good times. :)

Depends on what subjects and games your kids like I guess, In my opinion you will probably find more useful website based learning games than actual commercial ones.

Found this blog from a teacher who is bringing games in to the school curriculum. Hope it helps.

http://www.cunniman.net/?p=250

I would recommend "mario teaches typing" myself, as typing has becoming a must in this pc age.

By the way, Portal 2 is being used in official education programs. In particular the level design editor. Portals make brain go vroom vroom!

Also, 12 yrs old... Be careful. This is the age when 'popular' games are on their agenda. Heck, it's probably the age of the average CoD player! :D

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.seebak.carmath_free

[/]
screenshots_new4.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back