Some help would be appreciated! thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello,
I have an emachines 2825
and I bought an "ATI Radeon X850 XT 256MB PCI-Express"

the Problem (as most of the experts amongst you probably already can tell) is that I was told by a friend (the card has not arrived yet) that when the card arrives it will not fit into my motherboard because it needs a pci express thingy (forgive my noobness i don't know the correct terminology).
My question:
1) is what my friend said true that i cant connect the card to my computer?
2) if it is true what options do i have?
Probably new motherboard is an option, but is there a cheaper option? maybe like a card reader or something like that? and would this other option (if there is one) be as good as getting a new compatible motherboard?
NOW,
if there is no other option than getting a new motherboard, what do you guys suggest I get knowing that I have a 2825? I want the strongest motherboard my computer can take, so please if you can tell me what that would be.
Also, if my restore cds stopped working due to not recognizing my computer (due to the change of motherboard) what should i do to avoid that problem?
thank you guys

Sir i think the only one best way to resolve your issue is buying a new mobo

im not good at new PCI Express Supported Hardwares but let me do a search for you

Have a nice day...

That mobo only has an AGPx8 graphics slot.
Also the CPU and memory are some generations old already.
Your best option is to return the PCI-E card and trade it in for the
ATI Radeon X850 XT 256MB AGP version.

There is no PCIe->AGP bridge as far as i know, so best option is to sell the Graphics card and buy a new one, or sell the mobo and buy one that supports PCIe and same CPU or new.

Also, if my restore cds stopped working due to not recognizing my computer (due to the change of motherboard) what should i do to avoid that problem?

yes if you change the motherboard your Emachine recovery disk wont work on the new mobo. You can however make and standard XP Disk from your recovery Disk here is a site that tells you how.

http://www.easydesksoftware.com/recovery.htm

ANother factor is that Emachines use underpowered power supplies and if you upgrade to a new mobo and a PCI Express video card your probably going to need a new PSU as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back