Sony and Nike announce limited edition Paul George sneakers

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Gamers and sneakerheads alike will soon have yet another way to express their love of the game courtesy of Sony and Nike.

The PG-2 PlayStation Colorway sneakers, developed in collaboration with Oklahoma City Thunder baller Paul George, were inspired by Sony’s popular game console. The tongues of the shoe sport the PG and PlayStation logos which light up blue thanks to a built-in lithium battery.

There are three modes - off, on and pulse - that are controlled by a power button on the backside of the tongue. According to Engadget, the battery offers more than 150 hours of runtime, is non-removable and cannot be recharged. As such, you’ll want to use it wisely.

The midsole and sock liners are based on the PlayStation Galaxy theme while leather on the outside features Sony’s familiar button symbols. The eyelets are based on classic PlayStation colors and there’s even a unique barcode containing a PSN voucher code on the back heel of the left shoe for a Paul George Dynamic Theme for your PS4.

Paul George’s new signature shoes launch globally on February 10 for $110. As you’d expect, they’re a limited edition run meaning they’ll likely be difficult to come by. If you’re set on adding them to your collection, you’ll need to act accordingly. The styling certainly won’t appeal to everyone although I suspect that won’t matter much to diehard Thunder fans and shoe collectors.

Permalink to story.

Anything to make a buck and once again, the American public is dupped into throwing money at a problem that simply does not exist .....

"According to Engadget, the battery offers more than 150 hours of runtime, is non-removable and cannot be recharged."

As soon as I read that instant fail. What is this 1980 put a replaceable battery in it. I bet you that was sony's idea.

Anything to make a buck and once again, the American public is dupped into throwing money at a problem that simply does not exist .....

What on earth are you on about? Who would have thought, a business trying to make money, wowza!!!

"According to Engadget, the battery offers more than 150 hours of runtime, is non-removable and cannot be recharged."

As soon as I read that instant fail. What is this 1980 put a replaceable battery in it. I bet you that was sony's idea.

Agreed, how ridiculous... I guess with little bit of tinkering, it shouldn't be too hard to do a replacement, but still :/

Agreed, how ridiculous... I guess with little bit of tinkering, it shouldn't be too hard to do a replacement, but still :/

Velcro pouch behind the lip. You know, like on every battery-containing stuffed animal since the 90s.

Hey come on now even those light up sketchers etc ran out of juice eventually......these are some nice looking kicks. 110 isn't even bad of an asking price for a collectors item. jordans still cost way more.

Hey come on now even those light up sketchers etc ran out of juice eventually......these are some nice looking kicks. 110 isn't even bad of an asking price for a collectors item. jordans still cost way more.
They are decent looking and will probably be worth alot more in the future.

And yes Jordan's cost way more and they should.

Two different caliber of players no disrespect to paul geogre, but he isn't in jordon's league.

Back