SONY PSP vs New Video Card?

jgalper215

Hi, I am a teenager and i am a casual gamer. I am about to go on summer and then I am going to go to a high school in Israel for the first two months of school. I also like to play computer games. I have some money and I am wondering, should I upgrade my video card or get a PSP and a game or two, I know the price difference is a little high, but I can only afford to get one. I would get the PSP with a game like MVP baseball and later Gran Turismo 4 mobile (does anyone know when thats comin out?) but I'm not sure if its worth it, will I get tired of the PSP quickly or will it last me for a long time. Also, does anyone know about what things the PSP will be able to do in the near future? (Cell phone, web browsing with keyboard?)

If your going to Israel a PSP might be a good bet because your uprooting and going to a different place. Howerver if you taking you PC with you, id recommend a new card. Wait untill you get there before buying something, because something may get damaged in transit and will need replacing and from what ive heard PC hardware in those parts of the world are cheaper than here. A PC can be constantly upgrade but a PSP can't, so a PC is a safer long term bet, but if your going to be moving around a lot, get the PSP, you can't play on the PC in a bus

Get which one floats your boat.

Hmm. My borther has a PSP. It is cool, no doubting that. I would be nice (as finchy said) if your doing alot of treaveling, or moving. However before taking the Gfx cards out of consideration...what card were you plannign on getting, and what card do you have now? I mean if have a 6600 and want a 6800, i would go with the PSP but if your rocking a 5200, or a voodoo then the card might be the best choice.

Good luck
Sean

Answers

To answer everyones questions, I have a custom built computer that i moved from a gateway low profile case in to an antec superlanboy. I am not taking my computer with me to Israel, and the card is a low profile Geforce4 MX4000. I am planning to get a card like the agp version of the Radeon X700 Pro. If you look at my profile you can see my computer specs. I thought about it and I think i might go with the PSP because the school in Israel is like a school here and I think that a PSP is good for downtime, but then again whenever I have free time I can go out into the city, because the school and the city are one, small thing. I am still not sure but I need to figure out which will be the better investment because if I get the video card, I am going to college in 2 yrs and I'll probably give my parents my computer and just get a laptop. On the other hand, will I be using a PSP in 2 yrs? Or will something better come along and make me regret getting a PSP? Please give me your thoughts.

I think the descision is yours to make. Just note, i have a x700 and i would not recommend it. It does not deliver the performance for the price. I would go with a 6600 fo something comprable. BUt for your situation, i think the PSP would be nice thing to get for you.

get a 6600gt over x700 if ur going for a video card, i wouldnt bring my comp on a trip like that tho, i would never feel safe transporting my comp in a car, but ur going by airplaine, right? the comp will most likely get damaged

ripken204 said:
get a 6600gt over x700 if ur going for a video card, i wouldnt bring my comp on a trip like that tho, i would never feel safe transporting my comp in a car, but ur going by airplaine, right? the comp will most likely get damaged
Like I said before, I'm not bringing my computer with me, I just wanted to decide if I should upgrade my graphics card or get a PSP

AtK SpAdE said:
I think the descision is yours to make.
Exactly. If I was going overseas and wasn't taking my PC, I would most likely get the PSP.

Good luck and have fun next year!

Back