Sound card(s) issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having issues with my sound card. I have a creative audigy xgamer. I also have the default onboard sound that comes with every mobo. I never had an issue before until I reformatted my pc. I get the "no sound device detected" error when trying to do anything audio related. I have disabled my creative card, rebooted, and still had no sound from the onboard one. Disabling the onboard also did no good. When I uninstalled the card in device manager, the drivers still stay with it when it reboots. How can I get a fresh install of this card?

Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you!

Encisco said:
I am having issues with my sound card. I have a creative audigy xgamer. I also have the default onboard sound that comes with every mobo. I never had an issue before until I reformatted my pc. I get the "no sound device detected" error when trying to do anything audio related. I have disabled my creative card, rebooted, and still had no sound from the onboard one. Disabling the onboard also did no good. When I uninstalled the card in device manager, the drivers still stay with it when it reboots. How can I get a fresh install of this card?

Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you!

Try to update the drivers first and see if that helps.

What OS is it,please always include this.
I just did this with no problems so please reply to the above.

Encisco said:
xp pro, sp2. sorry. the problem also seemed to happen AFTER I updated the drivers.

Then try to revert the drivers back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back