Sound Card software

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbgsus

Hey,

just installed new mobo , everything fine... works brilliantly and stuff.. no problems.

anyways, motherboard was Asus and came with the Supreme FX sound card I think it's called, It also came with a program called SoundMAX.

The drivers work fine... im getting sound.

but SOundMAX is just a pile of a certain word beginning with S.

basically, I have a 5.1 system, I want 5.1 sound... Ive configured it so. But when playing a movie (encoded for 5.1) it just duplicates the stereo to the rear... same with Music. I WANT PROPER SURROUND SOUND BABY!

I was wondering if there was any alternative ssoftware I could use that would work with this soundcard, cos this current software is pathetic.

SoundMAX HD Integrated Digital Audio is its full name I believe.

What software are you using to play the movie? Maybe you need to enable surround sound in there? (I hope that you have a decent media player that actually lets you set such things.) What sort of speaker setup did you configure in WIndows Control Panel? Some media players honour that setting.

And yes, SoundMAX software is indeed crap.

I use winamp sometimes and VLC sometimes...

it depends on what I feel like :p

but I watched movies on both of those programs regularly on my old machine, and I got surround fine...

I set it to 5.1 on windows aswell...

In VLC, you can choose between mono, stereo and 5.1 in the audio menu. If the 5.1 option isn't there, then maybe you have to adjust the audio output device in the preferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back