Sound drivers missing

nishasha

pls someone help me.
in the device manager, the multimedia audio controller has a yellow exclamation point.
the speakers don't work. i dont know what driver should i install.
thank you for the help. i'll wait. thanks.

Hi nishasha,

What I generally do in this situation is use a program called AIDA64 to identify the device and then download the driver from Google. A google search will help you locate the Aida64 website as I cannot post links yet :)

Once you're up and running with it, browse to the devices section and locate your sound device that isn't working (It will be under the yellow question mark section in Windows Devices)

Click on it and it should give you the name of the device (Realtek, VIA, Etc) You can then use that to hunt down a driver off Google, feel free to post the device here and I can help you further get a driver for it :)

Another option if course is to simply load the audio driver from your Motherboard's utility/driver disk if you have it handy.

Let us know how you go,

Norbur

in the device manager, the multimedia audio controller has a yellow exclamation point.
Yep. You're missing the audio driver.

Another easy first thing to try: from device manager, right click Multimedia Audio Controller, select Update Driver, follow prompts to allow Windows to do the search for software the driver first. Sometimes can find it on its own

@Norbur
I downloaded the Aida64 and followed your instructions. i didn't find the yellow question mark section in Windows Device.

In the windows device, i clicked on the Multimedia audio controller and i didn't find the name of the device. :(

@LookinAround
i also tried it. it says that there is an error in installing the hardware.

what should i do??? :(((

Go to your computer manufacturer's website. Look for the audio driver there under their Support link for your computer model.

If you still have problems tell us the make/model of your computer. List any Problem Devices
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
  • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report
  • Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
  • In TechSpot, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)

Multimedia Audio Controller PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_24D5&SUBSYS_B021144D&REV_02\3&267A616A&0&FD This device is not configured correctly.

^ this is what I found when I run the msinfo32 under the problem devices.

I attached here also the information when I run the dxdiag.

Thank You so much for your help..

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    32.3 KB · Views: 6
I've done a bit of Googling around and found another topic with similar results to your problem. Looks like your machine is a Samsung type computer.

Could you give me the model number from the sticker that is physically on the computer somewhere?

The other user with this problem listed his model number as Samsung ZDZ25. This may very well be yours as the device ID in your post above matches his.

Let me know if this is the case and I'll dig you up the driver.

Cheers

i do not know what is the model number of this computer.
it is just a second-hand cpu that my mother bought. i think it is just custom built.

can i try the samsung zdz25 because as you've said, our device id matched. :)

thank you so much for the concern. :))

Thank you so much.
I'll try it now.
I'll update you soon.
thanks again.

edited*
Norbur. THANK YOU SO MUCH! it works like magic!
Thank you again.

Back