Sound Problems with a new video card

Status
Not open for further replies.
On monday this week i bought a ATI Radeon HD 2400 PRO video card. I put it in my HP Media Center m7167c Desktop PC and installed the drivers. Since then my audio/sound has not been working. My computer plays the sounds but i dont think it recognizes the headphones or my speakers.

Any help would be great

P.S. When i used to plug in my headphones it would say "a jack has been plugged in" or something like that same when i pulled it out. Doesnt happen anymore.

If you're using a sound card (versus onboard sound), plug it into a different PCI slot and test it.

Are the audio jacks (that stopped working) mounted to the case or attached to the motherboard? If the audio jacks are mounted to the case, there should be wires from the motherboard to the audio jacks. Maybe they were accidentally pulled loose when you were installing the video card.

The only other thing that I can think to do is download the latest drivers for the mobo sound device, uninstall any existing software, uninstall the sound hardware, reboot, and reinstall the sound device.

Also make sure nothing's muted - I know this is obvious, but it has to be said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back