Sound stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could any one please help, i have a computer with a winfast N15235 Motherboard, it has on board sound, and the sound has stopped working, i think it maybe the drivers that have been deleted or corrupted. I cannot find the installation disc for the Motherboard, and i would like to find out what the problem is.

Could any one tell me how i check if it is the drivers that are the problem, and how i can tell which sound driver i need, or any other advice.

So far I have looked in Device manager, and there is an exclamation mark at the side of Microsoft kernel wave audio mixer.

When i check the Microsoft kernel wave audio mixer properties i get the error message below.

"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)"

I have tried to find a new driver by clicking the update driver button, it searches the Internet, but then i get the message saying that
"the wizard could not find a better match for my hardware than the software i have already"

When i click the driver "details button" i get the message.
"no driver files are required are have been loaded for this device"

Thanks in advance.

You can find driver of your motherbord on the site of the manufactur. They are most likely under support. Every manufacture gives online support with drivers. You can find them on there website.

Thanks for taking the time to reply frankibo but i have found a fix.

I have posted this problem in 5 forums, and not got one reply, i don't understand why, either way i found a fix, and thought i had better post it here for any one else who has the same problem. The fix is for missing drive icons in my computer, but it is the same error code as the one i was getting, and it has worked, i now have sound working as normal.

I have now got the problem that my computer hangs on shut down, and i don't know if this fix caused that problem, because i had tried other fix's as well before i re booted.

I hope this does helps others, and then i will feel as though i have repaid some of the kindness i have received here on this forum, in the past.

There were other fix's for other problems on this web page, but the name of that forum is on the page, and i don't know if its bad manners to post that web page, and i don't want to be disloyal to a brilliant forum that has helped me in the past, if its allowed and some one lets me know here, i will post that web page here later.

The fix is as below.

To solve this Code 39 error, follow these instructions:

NOTE: After removing these registry keys and rebooting, it may be necessary to reinstall any CD or DVD recording applications.

1) Close all open programs

2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter

3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

* HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
* SYSTEM
* CurrentControlSet
* Control
* Class
* {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

* UpperFilters
* LowerFilters
* UpperFilters.bak
* LowerFilters.bak

5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete

6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor

7) Reboot your computer

8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back