SoundBlaster Live problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I bought my computer about 4 yrs ago it came pre-installed with Creative SoundBlaster Live. I was using win98SE.
Using my music notation programme was a joy, because it had a "true" accordion sound.

Yesterday I did an upgrade to winXP home, and to my horror the accordion sound is horrible.
Any suggestions why it works fine with win98SE and not with XP, and what if anything can I do to restore it
Thanks Fred

Welcome to TechSpot Forums

If you're using XP's own SB Live driver, install Creative's driver instead. AudioHQ should allow you to load a better sound bank.

There is a patch on Creatives site for Win XP and 2000 to make the older SB cards work right. It was a rweal problem with the SB Live Values.

They also used to have an issue where all the devices (video, network, usb, etc.) would try to take the same IRQ as the SB LIVE. Kind of like a magnet affect. The only resolution we could find was to remove the option for the BIOS to automatically select IRQ settings for the system and set them manually. A serios pain in tha xxx...
Bug

Edit: Just remembered, we had to go into the device manager and remove the ACPI compliant system and change to standard PC. Reboot, let everything redetect, and then it would work fine...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back