SoundMAX Audio driver(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparnetly this new MSN virus uninstalled my audio drivers... so now I have no sound... and since I don't want to hear "beep beep" for the rest of this computer existance, could someone help me here. I do not have a driver disc.
and at first glance, I'm pretty sure I do not have the soundmax mobo thing...

Is there anyway kind of download out there that might fix this?

"beep beep?....

anywho...Is it onboard sound? You mentioning the motherboard gives me the feeling that it is... so what I want you to do is, post here the text written on the small chips on your motherboard.

Er.. there are a lot of chips on the mobo.. maybe a few screen shots of the problem I'm having... I've already tried installing the soundmax DRIVERS that are listed in the download section and I get this after install...
"Driver not found! Reboot your system, and run this setup again."

Even after I restart computer, still doesn't detect it, and it says the same message.
since this forum doesn't let me post links, I can't give you a screenshot.

What version of Windows are you running?

And also, if you wont take the time to provide the numbers on the chips, then I cant really help you.

This is what I mean by chips.

asdfghjklpoiu1bn.jpg

That picture is a example, in it I don't see 200+ chips like that. I'm sorry if I wasn't descriptive enough. Usually the integrated sound chip is the small square one that's like a half-inch wide.

Example....
ad1885.jpg

Do you know what your motherboard is, model number...etc...
I might be able to help you out with that information as well.

hey i found the solution

first check the IC for audio driver. Its on the left side bottom of the mother board above the LAN IC. If it is AD188x , then ur realtek supports the audio drivers. if not write down the chip no and search for the manufacturer. then u can download the drivers from their site.
this shud help hopefully....

Or... You can just go to the Device Manager and go to Audio and see what it's called ( if it's still there ) like "XtremeSound" or something like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back