Soundmax Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hodsocks

I have just installed an ASUS K8N-VM motherboard and am having problems installing the audio drivers. Whenever I try to install the Soundmax drivers downloaded from the ASUS website they get most of the way through installation and then throw up an error message "Drivers not found. Reboot and try again", needless to say I have tried this several times.
All of the other drivers installed as normal, I downloaded the drivers because the driver disc with the motherboard could not be read, despite trying it on 3 machines, this is a problem I have found before with ASUS driver discs.
Has anyone any suggestions as to how I can get the sound to work?

Try looking at the sound card chipset usually towards the rear of the mobo, note down the part number/s on top of the chip then go to drivers.com etc or even try a google search and get a driver (hopefully a different one than Asus's).

I have checked the sound chip and its an ADI chip, looking at their website just points me back to the ASUS website for drivers.
I have carried out a repair install of XP and loaded SP2 but still no drivers working.
Looking in Device manager again the sound is being identified as a PCI card rather than a multimedia device that I would normally expect to see.
I have also disabled the sound in the BIOS and re-enabled it but still no improvement.

Hi John, thanks for the suggestions but I have already tried 5-6 variations of soundmax drivers off the net and all suffer from the same problem.
I am sure the problem revolves around the fact that XP is not recognising a sound device as it should and just lists it as a PCI device. I have e-mailed ASUS to see if they can help, after all of this it may be a faulty motherboard of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back